• 1,828 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:54 AM

EST - SUIKODEN RUNE

v 3.1

Creator name : Estriole

Introduction
This script used to recreate Suikoden Rune system for RPG maker vx ace. we can attach rune to certain rune slot. then that rune can give the actor skills or passive or stats. this also add 'rune' command in battle which can be used like suikoden rune system.

WARNING!: this script didn't change the MP system to suikoden rune mp system since victor already write one. so use that with this script instead (put this script below it).

Version History

i'm putting older version history in spoiler tab since it already a lot

Spoiler

Feature
1) suikoden like equip rune mechanism
2) we can create runes that exclusive to certain actor
3) we can set starting runes for actor/class/subclass
4) we can set sealed rune slot for actor/class/subclass
5) by combining 3) and 4) we got fixed rune in certain slot
6) can make certain rune only able to equip in certain slot (ex: blue gate only at head slot)
7) extendable slots (for one who want to use it other than suikoden rune system)
   we can make equipping 'medal', 'artefact', etc whatever you want.
8) custom rune slot for actor/class/subclass
9) manual position set for rune window in battle (for compatibility purpose)
10) can have rune attach / remove cost

Screenshot
Rune equip scene
equiprunescene1.png
equiprunescene2.png

Rune equip scene using yanfly + moghunter wallpaper
equiprunescene3.png 
equiprunescene4.png

In battle Rune                                
inbattlerunecommand1.png

i'm too lazy to write the skill description so the help window is blank. :D
and i also didn't change how the skill window works. (for compatibility). so if you want exact view
like suikoden (without mp cost writing, 1 row. just script the window skill yourself)
inbattlerunecommand2.png

using yanfly ace battle engine + victor sideview (modded to compatible with yanfly)
inbattlerunecommand3.png

inbattlerunecommand4.png

How to use
see screenshot how to below in spoiler tag:

Spoiler

for advanced usage such as starting rune, sealed rune slot, fixed rune, set rune ingame, rune only for certain slot, rune forbidden for certain slot, adding more rune slots, custom runeslots for each actor, etc
see the script header. too tired to take screen shot of each of them :D.

Script
http://pastebin.com/32S8vzui

Demo

Latest Demo

https://www.dropbox....ikoden_Rune.rar

this demo will always updated.

Credit and Thanks
- Estriole
- Hytporsche for pming me about his turn around way on creating suikoden rune system which inspire me to create this script. i create this script also to support his game too since his game made me want to play suikoden 2 once more :D.

Author's Notes
Finally this finished. i cleaned all the bug as hard as i could. but if i missed some. bug report is always welcomed.
for now i prioritize bug report above compatibility report.

Edited by estriole, 26 November 2013 - 12:08 AM.

#2 Wren

Wren

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 987 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:41 AM

This looks pretty slick, and is sure to please Hytporsche or anyone else looking to make suikoden type games.

Good job Estriole!

Game Status

Spoiler

Super Awesome People Shoutout

Spoiler

Ace Academy: Practice Through Roleplay

Ace-Academy.gif

Come Join!

#3 Sievnn

Sievnn

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

I never played final fantasy (thought I played a lot of TBS rpgs) but I don't get exactly what the system does.

Edited by Sievnn, 05 February 2013 - 04:45 AM.

I Like Constructive Criticism but I don't like Negative Criticism of people who just say some thing is bad without saying why.
Giving up the battle doesn't mean its over.
Favorite games to come : The Adventure of High School Student/Catharis.

#4 Wren

Wren

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 987 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:05 AM

I never played final fantasy (thought I please a lot of TBS rpgs) but I don't get exactly what the system does.

????????

Nowhere in this thread is final fantasy mentioned?

If you've never played suikoden then what this does is replace the word magic or special and instead you have Runes, which covers physical attacks, magic attacks, special attacks, whatever, all combined into one 'rune' system which you can equip and unequip on a per character basis.

Game Status

Spoiler

Super Awesome People Shoutout

Spoiler

Ace Academy: Practice Through Roleplay

Ace-Academy.gif

Come Join!

#5 estriole

estriole

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:32 AM

This looks pretty slick, and is sure to please Hytporsche or anyone else looking to make suikoden type games.

Good job Estriole!

@wren: forgot to mention that i create this script partly because of him too. i always wanted to script suikoden rune system from long time ago. but my skills is not enough yet at that time. now after i gained enough skill. i forgot. then when he pm me about how he made turn around way to set up suikoden rune system. i remember again and finally decide to tackle this. :D. so i put him in the credit list.

and actually i didn't REPLACE the old skill system. i ADD this new system. so you can still have skill types shown as command if you added it outside the 'rune' like in a class/weapon/armor/etc. so you can use this for another games beside suikoden fan game too. if you want to create suikoden fan game. then just don't give skill types in actor/class/weapon/armor/skill/etc. just give it to the 'runes'

@sievnn: so to make it short its like this:

this script make actor can equip runes. runes can give you stats, trait, etc. it's basically equipment. but i separate the scene to only can modify runeslot and cannot others. and then the rune can teach you skills that you can use in battle. but to use those skills you must select which rune you want to use and which skill you want to use (from the rune skill list) in battle.

another way to explain it is like this:

skill system:

command skill type1 => contain: skill 1, skill 2, skill 3

command skill type2 => contain skill 4, skill 5, skill 6

command skill type3 => contain skill 7, skill 8, skill 9

rune system:

command rune => contain: command skill type 1, command skill type 2, command skill type 3

it's like putting skill types to a container command.

hope i explain it clearly. :D.

Edited by estriole, 05 February 2013 - 04:35 AM.

#6 Sievnn

Sievnn

Advanced Member

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:47 AM

Sounds Cool :)

I Like Constructive Criticism but I don't like Negative Criticism of people who just say some thing is bad without saying why.
Giving up the battle doesn't mean its over.
Favorite games to come : The Adventure of High School Student/Catharis.

#7 estriole

estriole

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

duh forum buggy again. when i edit my post. lots of image link broken. after reediting few times it's still broken. i guess i'll try fix that tomorrow.

#8 Hytporsche

Hytporsche

RPG Maker VX Ace - Learning

• Ace Member
  • 238 posts
  • RM Skill - Pixel Artist

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

Man! You work quick. Ha. You didn't have to credit me, but I appreciate it!  :D Will plug it into my game immediately and report any bugs that may happen. 

EDIT: Found something rather neat and will help the user. Alright, instead of having to "add" all skills in the features/trait box in the armor tab, just add the skill type. Now, when you do this, Your skills should already be linked to that specific skill type. After you make sure they are. Go to the "classes" tab and go to the skill box and have it to where the user will learn the specific skill per level. It will automatically do this if you have the "Rune" attached that corresponds with the skills.

*So, basically.. you have more control over which skills are within your "Rune/Skill type" at a specific level  ;)

Picture Examples:

Armor/Rune Tab:

Spoiler

Skill Tab:
Spoiler

Classes Skill box:
Spoiler

Edited by Hytporsche, 05 February 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#9 Fated

Fated

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Really awesome stuff.

#10 Pikalyze

Pikalyze

Writing Fanatic

• Ace Member
  • 136 posts
  • LocationIn a Apple Tree.
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

-Looks at Mr. Bubble, Victor Sant, and Tsukihime's stats.

Anyway, awesome script!

Nothing really?

#11 estriole

estriole

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:45 PM

updated the script to v.1.4. update content:

> fix minor bugs rune window in

> fix major bug when having more slots than visible line number.
> add manual configuration for in battle rune slot window.
   the configuration determine how many lines is the window height.
   why creating that? yes! compatibility for custom battle engine.
> add manual configuration for the rune_skill list window in scene rune
   the configuration determine which window the rune skill window will overlap.
   the rune skill window will inherit overlapped position and size.
   then when rune skill window shown the overlapped window will be hidden. vice versa.
   why creating that? yes! compatibility for other equip engine script

btw i only online for a moment and cannot edit the first post yet. but the script already updated (in pastebin). will update it properly later

@pikalyze: i don't mean to make my stat look great and they look weak. it's just for the sake of testing victor MP level script. i set starting lv of 'me' to 99. so have higher mp. (9/5/3/1 instead of 1/0/0/0) so i can use the rune skill. it's just the habit of me changing the first actor for testing. and the actor stats actually is the default Ralph, Ulrika, Eric, etc. just changed the name and faceset. and if i offend anyone i apologize :D. in a way i still have many things to learn from them.

btw i use the name of those scripter in my demo (almost all) because they are the Scripter that I respect :D. (mainly because i use their script in my project)

@hytporsche : if you do that then the 'window rune skill' won't show:

Lv 1: skill 1

Lv 2: skill 2

etc.

in rune equip menu :D.

and since i think suikoden shows all the skill the rune have.

if what you means is when bright shield gain new skill (forgiver sign). then you could do it like this:

create 2 runes named bright shield. one without forgiver sign. second with it.

then using event just use game interpreter command to set bright shield that have forgiver sign to slot which contain old bright shield. (see script header on how to give rune to certain slot ingame).

then remove old bright shield (since it will be released from runeslot and enter inventory) from inventory using change armor (-1) event command.

thus the skill list still shown in equip menu.

just found some minor bugs so i update the script again to v.1.5

update list:

1) fix chosing rune skill targeting allies then press cancel didn't hide the skill window.

2) fix minor bug when selecting skill the rune slot still activate (even though hidden) so the index moves.

edited the script again but still keep version to v1.5 (missing bugfixes >.<)

if you download the script before this post redownload the new v.1.5 version.

Edited by estriole, 06 February 2013 - 01:53 AM.

#12 Hytporsche

Hytporsche

• Ace Member
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:11 AM

@hytporsche : if you do that then the 'window rune skill' won't show:

Lv 1: skill 1

Lv 2: skill 2

etc.

in rune equip menu :D.

and since i think suikoden shows all the skill the rune have.

if what you means is when bright shield gain new skill (forgiver sign). then you could do it like this:

create 2 runes named bright shield. one without forgiver sign. second with it.

then using event just use game interpreter command to set bright shield that have forgiver sign to slot which contain old bright shield. (see script header on how to give rune to certain slot ingame).

then remove old bright shield (since it will be released from runeslot and enter inventory) from inventory using change armor (-1) event command.

thus the skill list still shown in equip menu.

I was having a little trouble by what you meant, but.. I see what you mean now. But, in Suikoden II, you didn't have the "4 levels" of the rune in the equip menu in the game. The only reason I suggested my way is to imitate the Suikoden II feel. Plus, like I mentioned, I have full control over my skills at a specific level in an easy fashion  :)  

*Need to download the update..

#13 estriole

estriole

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:55 AM

ah... i forget that. in my memory when we attach rune we know what skill the rune contain. but it's been so looooong... i guess i really will download the iso and play it on emulator later :D. on the other hand. it's handy to know what skill the runes gives :D.

and if set in runes. it still have mp level cost(using victors mp level). and when your lv is low means your mp level still low too. you cannot use the skill anyway (greyed and disabled). can you remind me...

in suikoden 2...

if we have fire rune which contain lv1: fire 1, lv2: fire 2, lv3: fire 3

then we have the actor which have 3 [lv 1 mp] + 2 [lv 2 mp] + 0[lv3 mp] + 0[lv4 mp]

does the fire 3 skill shown in rune menu(just disabled)? or not shown at all?

#14 Hytporsche

Hytporsche

• Ace Member
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:16 AM

Your partially right on the rune levels. You can see the "Lv." In the actor status and when in battle. Which, you don't actually see the level, you see the name + it's usage.. ex: bright shield 3, flaming arrows 2 etc. But, like you mentioned, you can control the usage also through Victor mp level script. So, you could use either way. Depends on your preference.

In Suikoden II, when you attach a "rune", you will have skills on that rune that will show up corresponding to your game actor. So, you will only have 2 skills showing on a fire rune at level 20. But, if your at level 40, you will have all the skills shown on your rune available. The only time they are greyed out is if they are used up from usage. Then you have to go to an inn regain MP.

Edited by Hytporsche, 06 February 2013 - 05:22 AM.

#15 estriole

estriole

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:34 AM

ah yes i see....

i might have some solution for you... (since i think adding ALL skills to all actor is hard work :D. not to mention SUIKODEN have 108 characters !!!)

you could try using yanfly hide menu skills. and then give the skills notetags like this maybe:

<hide eval>
@actor.level < 10 
</hide eval>

then in battle the skill will not shown IF your actor level is lower than 10

i will try that too when i'm at home. i will report the result later.

since the skill list is not touched. i just set the skill list window skill type before showing it. so it should work using that.

i will also will look how to make hide eval like hide if actor max lv 4 runes is 0. (if you're using mp to control how it shown since i think it's better since as long as i remember certain actor can access the skill sooner than other actor. so if you're using level then all actor is the same)

Edited by estriole, 06 February 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#16 Hytporsche

Hytporsche

• Ace Member
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

ah yes i see....

i might have some solution for you... (since i think adding ALL skills to all actor is hard work :D. not to mention SUIKODEN have 108 characters !!!)

you could try using yanfly hide menu skills. and then give the skills notetags like this maybe:

<hide eval>
@actor.level > 10 
</hide eval>

then in battle the skill will not shown IF your actor level is 10 or lower.

i will try that too when i'm at home. i will report the result.

since the skill list is not touched. i just set the skill list window skill type before showing it. so it should work using that.

Actually, just found an easier solution. Well, using RPG Maker VX Ace itself instead of using the script even more. 

Okay, So.. set up your "Rune" with just the skill type as i stated before and have the skills from the skills box on the "classes" tab dictate which skill is learned per level. All you have to do is make a duplicate of your original skills and have those skills set to "None" in the skill type. The result, what everyone is looking for. May be a little tedious and tad bit of extra work. But hey! It beats adding another script  ;)

Screenshot Examples:

*EXAMPLE OF THE "FAKE" Skills in equip menu*

f5bpn7.png

*EXAMPLE OF THE "REAL" SKILLS IN BATTLE (UNAFFECTED BY THE FAKE SKILLS)*

2a8ruj4.png

#17 estriole

estriole

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:43 AM

after rereading your post. i think that's doable. just give a class ALL skills (with level setting). then give that class to ALL actor.

some tips. if you want to have actors that can use lv3 runes faster (for example) than other actor. just copy above class. then re set the level setting to lower for ALL lv 3 runes. then give the new class to that actor.

but using 'fake' skills is a bit waste of skills slot. i will add patch later when i have time. optional ability to use notetags in runes to determine what skills shown in the windows (without giving the skill itself in trait box). gonna be busy in few days.

#18 Hytporsche

Hytporsche

• Ace Member
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:06 AM

No need to worry on each actor rune levels 😉 I will have each actor with a specific class. Have to have it this way due to the type of equip type for each actor. Just like suikoden I and II 😊

I agree it is a waste of a skill slot. But, the method seems to be the hybrid of both methods. So, if them option was there as it just stated, it would be perfect.

#19 estriole

estriole

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:31 AM

err... you could actually MOVED the equip type add thing to the ACTOR trait box. then the class is purely for the rune skills.

it's lots easier than ADDING 100 rune skills in 108 class :D.

#20 Hytporsche

Hytporsche

• Ace Member
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:44 AM

No, no... i miswrote what i meant. I meant the armor equip type. 

But, by what you are saying, I am okay with that, because . I don't want to have any sub classes. I can have "class" that is perfect for each actor. Yes, alot of classes, but I'm okay with that. On the Suikosource, every actor is different in every way. Even though Riou and Jowy are both "A" class characters (A = Really good). They both still have different stats even though they are the same class. Make sense?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users