UPDATE 03/10: Region map V1 and special battle rules up!
Hello there! Glad to meet you all! Welcome to the world of Pokémon.
My name is Professor Aspen, a researcher of these magnificent and often mysterious creatures. To some, pokémon are pets. To others, a means to strength and power. To others still, companions in work and play. And then there are people like me, who study them as a profession to learn more about them.
So, would you tell me a little about yourself?
Age: Preferably between 13 and 19
Appearance: Art or description, either will do.
Personality: A quick summary of traits and general behaviour, to establish some presence.
Biography: The one-two of the character's previous life, and any meaningful events, if there were any.
Starter pokémon: Any of the 15 starters of Gens 1-5. Each starter can only be taken by one character.
ABOUT THE RP:
Pokémon - the secret journey takes place in the region of Hovnolg, a land torn in two both literally and figuratively. The half of the region north of the narrow sea that seperates the two halves has declared independence two years ago, to the dismay of the southern, larger half. The situation is tense, and open hostility hangs heavy in the air, made even heavier by the complete isolationist policy of North Hovnolg - meaning hardly any information arrived from there since the separation - and the enigmatic disease Animoverdescence. This disease that has no cure as of now, infects pokémon and humans alike, often resulting in death or permanent health damage, appeared only a little time after North and South separated. Of course, many on the South suspect a northern biological weapon behind it, only driving tensions upward.
It was in these turbulent times that a group of middle and high school children, after completing their Pokémon training exams, wanted to spend the two months of summer vacation traveling around the region, like so many others before them. It was, however, announced in late may, that due to the plague, no starter pokemons will be handed out. Disappointment hit them along with every other young aspiring trainer, but it was then that they received a letter from professor Aspen, along with a pokémon...
You are these trainers.
- Of course, general rules of both the entire forum and RP forum are valid.
- No godmodding, as in, controlling others' characters is forbidden. Not-important NPC are fair game, though. I control important NPCs like Aspen, Gym leaders, etc.
- Stay reasonable. No Hydreigons on Route 1 (un, and no legendaries unless I say so. FInding Sandshrew or Cacturne in a desert is fine, finding Goldeen is not. Also, oddly-coloured pokémon should be appropriately rare.
- Gen 1-5 pokémon/moves only. Gen 6 can be used after it's released and I give the OK.
- PvE battles can be won unless I tell otherwise, in this topic or PM. PvP battles should either be arranged in PM or fought out using Pokemon Showdown (an online battle simulator). (NEW!) Special PvE battles (gym leaders, major villains) have to be won using Pokemon Showdown, playing against me. Generally, you can use any pokémon you could've caught thus far with a limit on total level of your team and possibly individual pokémons. Details will be told before an actual batlle.
-Your characters can't be related to any canon pokemon character in any way (as in, blood relative, longtime acquintance, etc.)
- Your characters can't have any previous legal pokémon training experience. They can be knowledgeable about them or even familiar with most of them (like how some people can drive even before getting a licence), but they must not have taken part in any official pokémon events (like gym battles, pokémon league, etc.).
EDIT: The character may have 1 own pokémon at the beginning other than their starter.
Edited by Naridar, 10 March 2013 - 12:51 PM.