#1 BOSSBERRY

BOSSBERRY

Title: Half-Scripter

• Ace Member
  • 280 posts
  • Locationcheck your closet
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 05 March 2013 - 04:45 PM

I'm sorry if this is misleading. My intention here wasn't to let people do a parkour system but only to give a demonstration of my own. Let me start from the beginning.

For the past month or so I have been working on a project name Rogue's Greed. For those of you familiar with Assassin's Creed, the movement is the same concept. Anyway after long hours of work I really want to put a demo out there but I don't have the story material. What I do have however is a fully evented Jumping system that I'm anxious to show. It's obviously still buggy which is why feedback is going to be crucial to me.

Here's the link:(without RTP for now since hopefully only you guys will be seeing it)  :)

assassin.png?w=544

I am currently recruiting anyone interested but most particularly a mapper or really just someone whose a "jack of all trades". Just a good teammate who can help on a lot of things.

For more info, PM me.

(Didn't know if this counted as a real demo or anything, moderators please move if this is in the wrong place)

titleshinobi-e1393778239576.png?w=200

emblem2.png?w=250

#2 Ocedic

Ocedic

Dog

• Ace Member
  • 594 posts
  • LocationSeattle
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

So how is this a tutorial if you aren't teaching anything? A big issue with your demo is the white text is on a white background, making it way too frustrating to read the topic.

Posted Image

#3 BOSSBERRY

BOSSBERRY

• Ace Member
  • 280 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:25 PM

Yes this is in the wrong place I'm almost certain I should have waited and just made a regular demo. And thanks for the feedback I was expecting worse though! ^_^

EDIT: SH****T forgot to put actor in correct starting position thats bad...

Edited by BOSSBERRY, 05 March 2013 - 07:26 PM.

emblem2.png?w=250

#4 Galv

Galv

Forum Defender

• Staff Manager/Global Mod
  • 5,144 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:32 PM

Yeah, I'm not even sure what to do with this. In future please do not post in the wrong topic as that's just plain silly. If it's not a tutorial... don't post it in tutorial thread...  :mellow:

I've moved it to level and design for now... I guess. Maybe you should just wait and create a game project with it or actually make it into a tutorial.
Did you use rgangsta's evented parkour?

Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape,
and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business.

letter_log_harry_potter_envelope.png

Spoiler

#5 BOSSBERRY

BOSSBERRY

• Ace Member
  • 280 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 05 March 2013 - 07:37 PM

No I made my own thing the only reason I did this at all was so I could event it. And I'm undecided on where to continue from here as helping a friend with a project is currently using alot of my time. I really do feel stupid about the whole posted in the wrong place thing ever since they redid all the names I've been confused.

emblem2.png?w=250

#6 Titanhex

Titanhex

Academy Headmaster

• + Premium Members
  • 1,355 posts
  • LocationHeadmaster's Office
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 05 March 2013 - 10:50 PM

No worries. This is definitely the right place for this.  All unfinished game systems or gameplay concepts that are out of the Theory and Design phase and actually have a demo or some example of it's use in action belong in this subforum. Many people think it's just a mapping thread. It's not. It's actually a place to show off concepts and systems in action and get feedback before you commit it to being a part of your game.

Really, it's a great place for tech demos that aren't tutorials.

Ace Academy: Practice Through Roleplay
Ace-Academy.gif

Come Join!

#7 rgangsta

rgangsta

The Handyman

• + Premium Members
  • 401 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, New York
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 06 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

This is a pretty nifty system. I like that you have running on roofs. I never thought of that.

Not to toot my own, horn but you should give mine a try. There's the actual two-buttoned "High Profile" mode from the AC games.
Here's the link: http://www.rpgmakerv...parkour-system/

There's a video so you can watch before you download it.

245j75u.jpg

#8 BOSSBERRY

BOSSBERRY

• Ace Member
  • 280 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:24 PM

@Rgangsta I have tried and like yours. Although I've spent a lot of time on mine(one common event titled "37 hours down the drain" lol) I do want to add more. What I have now is more of a base for adding. your custom moves and such are pretty cool and I'd like some of those too but my goal her is really just to show how much you can really do with eventing.

@titanhew oh thank god that's a relief. Galv moved it from tutorials lol I was really clueless. But speaking of it, I could do a tutorial type thing for this if anyone wants to know the basics of how I did it.

emblem2.png?w=250

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users