Simple answer, don't waste your money and download it, i've never bought a rpgmaker, i have to say so.
The people that buy it, it's because they think it worth the cost.
That's the kind of debate that scares me. If you are closing your arguments with 'if you don't like it, don't buy it' then you are missing the point entirely. If it were that simple, there wouldn't be reviews for any products. What I am posting here is essentially my 'review' after having used the trial version and studied the new features thoroughly. My credentials are few but about as big as they come in this theatre of entertainment--more than 10 years of making RPGs and paying for all of enterbrain's products.
I'm just offering up my opinion as one of enterbrain's best clients and longest patriots.
I said that, because of the large amount of arguements that me and the others users gave, we don't have more words to say.
Your complains are absolutely contradictory, one side you said that the new features can be via script, Ok, fine, in the other side you said that VX add the easy chest and doors and inns. Ok, i can say that they could add that with scripting, and in the other side we said that better enterbrain put just the RGGS3 and you must be happy with that.
The economy is that way, if you don't like the price or you don't have the money, just don't buy it or download it, i'm pretty sure that enterbrain did studies of targets, markets, and all the kind of things that the enterprises do when they are creating a new software. (even more if they are japanese like american*10000).
So i'm changing my question, what did you expect from the maker?, because any feature can be added with scripts.
did you expect more graphics?, go to the internet and look there are a lot of sites with nice graphics. (closet, jamboree whatever, bunny, fairyforest....and a looong etc.).
If you have expected a powerfull system, then go to another languages or softwares, enterbrain target, as other said is: people that want to create games easily, fun and fast, amateurs and begginers, as hobby.
Or it's just a matter of price, then replace my answer here again.
About your study of the new functions, a summary:
- Added Tilesets for each map (new in VX series, if we consider that Ace is part of the VX 'serie') improved and better than in XP.
- Stairs Tiles (New in Ace)
- Caterpillar (New in ace)
- Windowskin Tone (New in Ace)
- Added BattleBack graphics, with dual graphics even (new in ace)
- Upgraded version of Ruby is used 1.8 => 1.9
- Traits System for Actors, classes, items, weapons, armors and skills (New in Ace)
- Battle Formulas (New in Ace)
- Videos (New in Ace)
- Outline and Shadow (New in Ace)
- Audio Begin in position (New in Ace)
- More things from the Hidden Classes, look up at the help files.
- Character and Face Creator
- Native Compatible with 64bits systems.
- RGGS3 COMPLETELY DIFFERENT
different from RGGS2.
- New BGM and ME, all in OGG and brand new.
- New Tiles. (Look and compare with VX).
- Battle Backgrounds (a lot)
- Title Sprites (a lot)
- 8 New actors sprites and faces.
- Alot of new Icons. About 100, if im not wrong.
- A few character sprites originals, others got from Famitsu Blog.
Edited by Mephistox, 22 February 2012 - 03:34 PM.