rpgmaker vx ace

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 chen

chen

• Ace Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

Hi guys im wondering what the vx ace says about selling your own created games? I can make my own graphics stuff and even music so aside from opensource game engine I might give this a try but I need more info about its eula.

#2 seitensei

seitensei

神曲

• + Premium Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSetagaya, Tokyo, Japan
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:39 AM

In previous RPG Makers, it was permitted so long as you had purchased your license. Examples of commercially available games include 'To The Moon', as well as 'Fated Haven', by our very own Nathaniel.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#3 Paul M. Walker

Paul M. Walker

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 58 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

Yes, the terms for selling your own games are that you can use your own resources or the RTP. Using resources someone else made would cause legal issues and be on your head, not Enterbrain's. Other than that, you're free to distribute your games as you see fit.

Although the only other clause is that the RTP can only be used in games made by RPG Maker, unless you make a special agreement with Enterbrain to do otherwise.

#4 Nathanial

Nathanial

It's biblical in scale!

• Ace Member
  • 361 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 26 February 2012 - 11:56 AM

Yes, the terms for selling your own games are that you can use your own resources or the RTP. Using resources someone else made would cause legal issues and be on your head, not Enterbrain's. Other than that, you're free to distribute your games as you see fit.

Although the only other clause is that the RTP can only be used in games made by RPG Maker, unless you make a special agreement with Enterbrain to do otherwise.

In other words, be smart, and do your homework. Contact authors for written permission to use their materials, etc. :)

PS: I can almost guarantee you that Ace will allow commercial games. You will of course, need to own a legal license ;)

#5 chen

chen

• Ace Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

In previous RPG Makers, it was permitted so long as you had purchased your license. Examples of commercially available games include 'To The Moon', as well as 'Fated Haven', by our very own Nathaniel.

I already purchased rpgmaker vx long time ago I remember purchasing it for $60 something... now its been quite awhile since I did create rpg and the recent update got my interest back on rpg stuff. Can you link the site to nathaniel's rpg please so that I can have an idea.

Ok im pretty aware about others work and copyrights, so its legal to sell your games(using vx ace) using their rtp right but how about their music does same thing apply too?

@nathanial: Yes im interested to purchase a liscense if its allow me to distribute and sell my own created games :D .

#6 Victor Sant

Victor Sant

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 778 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

Ok im pretty aware about others work and copyrights, so its legal to sell your games(using vx ace) using their rtp right but how about their music does same thing apply too?

The music is part of the RTP

Posted Image

#7 shaz

shaz

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 611 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:29 PM

You can use anything provided with the engines, as long as you own the engines. You can also use resources from one engine in a game created with another engine as long as you own both of them. What you can't do is use resources from an Enterbrain engine in a game created with a non-Enterbrain engine.

Community resources are a different matter, and you need to be very careful with them. Some people are happy for you to use their stuff in commercial games, but make sure you can actually find somewhere where they say so, and don't just assume or take someone else's word. Others will only allow you to use them if you gain written permission - some might include a fee that you have to pay first. And some are just absolutely against their resources being used for commercial purposes, and this should be respected. If in doubt, send them a PM and ask. Finally, you have the option of paying someone to create stuff for your game.

#8 Michael Graves

Michael Graves

• Ace Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 05:34 PM

If anyone is looking for interesting music to use for their games, Kevin McLeod offers a lot of his stuff under a version of the Creative Commons license. You can find his work at http://www.incompetech.com. The version of the CC he uses (readable on the website) permits any use, whether free or commercial, so long as credit to him is given. I am unsure (haven't read the agreement in a while), but I BELIEVE that the version he uses also allows for derivative works, so if you want to remix one of his tracks, it should be okay (check for yourself, though... I don't want to inadvertently get anyone in trouble). Anyhow, thought I would share this info, for those (like me) who haven't got the foggiest idea how to begin composing music of their own to use in their games.

#9 Paul M. Walker

Paul M. Walker

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 58 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 26 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

Egad, his website needs a page that is just a list of the music he has for download. That poor poor layout. D:

#10 Twistificent

Twistificent

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 41 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:21 AM

Should be fine if you purchased the game engine, although that will be dependent on whether Ace follows the trend the other Enterbrain engines do, I'd imagine they would.

There is a site out there where developers have uploaded XP and VX games for sell and apparently made sells through it.

Though I've yet to seen any games developed in an RPG Maker that I'd ever personally be willing to purchase.

#11 seitensei

seitensei

神曲

• + Premium Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSetagaya, Tokyo, Japan

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:29 AM

I already purchased rpgmaker vx long time ago I remember purchasing it for $60 something... now its been quite awhile since I did create rpg and the recent update got my interest back on rpg stuff. Can you link the site to nathaniel's rpg please so that I can have an idea.

@nathanial: Yes im interested to purchase a liscense if its allow me to distribute and sell my own created games :D .

http://www.fatedhaven.com/ This is what you want.
This other one is To the Moon, which is also a splendid game. http://freebirdgames.com/to_the_moon/

Posted Image
Posted Image

#12 Michael Graves

Michael Graves

• Ace Member
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

Egad, his website needs a page that is just a list of the music he has for download. That poor poor layout. D:

Yeah, the layout leaves a LOT to be desired... But the quality of his work, and his willingness to share it, makes up for it in my book. I have ZERO musical talent myself, so having an original artist who does good work willing to share their vision with the world is a very big boost to me in trying to create a game with at least SOME original content (I am still using RTP resources, for the most part... the main selling points of my game are going to be storyline and job system, not graphical style, LOL).

#13 chen

chen

• Ace Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

Thanks for the reply guys this are really informative, yeah like you im using this game to create and maybe sell my games just to replaced my lost $99+ money. cheers! ;)

#14 MCOD1999

MCOD1999

Pixel Perfect

• Ace Member
  • 27 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • RM Skill - Pixel Artist

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:19 PM

How do you get the licence does it come with VX Ace when you download the full version? I need to know asap for some comercial games I am working on. I just want to doube check so I don't run into any legal issues.

<iframe width="550" height="250" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="https://secure.desura.com/widget/hunt?stat=1"></iframe>

#15 casper667

casper667

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 548 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

Here's the EULA: http://www.rpgmakerw...om/support/eula

#16 amerk

amerk

Advanced Member

• Forum Admins
  • 2,884 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

Please read the rules in regards to necroposting here:

• Necroposting: Topics older that are older than 4 months should be considered dead. Please don't revive these topics; instead, create a new topic if it's been longer than 4 months.

After all to the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.

letter_log_harry_potter_envelope.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rpgmaker vx ace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users