• Ace Member
  • 111 posts
  • LocationVienna, Austria
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:54 PM

Tidloc's Dynamic Shop System v.2.3
by Tidloc

Introduction
This is a Shop-System, that enables Shops to stock Items only in limited quantities, sold Items become the stock of the shop and over time or with each entry of the shop, this item-quantities differ, as in realistic shops, by the shops trading items on their own.

Features
- usable with the normal Shop-Command in events
- before calling a shop, set a predefined game variable onto the shop-id (each shop should only be accessible in one location, or else you have the stock of that shop in other shops too...)
- everything that may be altered by non-scripters lies in the first lines within the module Tidloc.
- special items may be inserted in shops, appearing only with a given probability.
- epic items may be inserted in shops, appearing only once in that shop and if sold, never again.

Screenshots
Spoiler

How to Use
simply paste the script above main, below any standard-scripts and also below my header

Demo
Demo(V 2.2, but shows its functionality)

Script
Download this file.

FAQ
the Demo should clear all question, if not, or special one appear, I will insert them here. :-)

Credits and Thanks
Tidloc :lol:

Edit:
02/29/2012: found a bug, cleared it and uploaded Demo
05/02/2012: cleared an annoying bug xD and rescripted some parts to function with the new header
05/27/2012: Big update (to v.1.5)
06/02/2012: new release out! completely rewrote some parts of the script, for details see my header. Also header update needed!
06/30/2012: added the possibility to stop recalculating the stocks by time and added the option to calculate the stocks by script-command
02/22/2014: completely rewritten the script for it to become compatible with my custom equipments script (v 2.3)

Edited by Tidloc, 22 February 2014 - 08:03 AM.

#2 Molokokoki

Molokokoki

• Ace Member
  • 12 posts
  • LocationNowhere ( A.K.A. Lehigh Acres)
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:27 PM

Sounds cool, This script could really give a realistic vibe to a game world. I 'll defiantly check it out when the demo
is followed. ;)
Posted Image

#3 Patrick

Patrick

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 60 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 28 February 2012 - 05:16 PM

realistic vibe to a game world

Oh, come on. Seriously? :P

Edited by Patrick, 28 February 2012 - 05:16 PM.

#4 Tidloc

Tidloc

Tidloc

• Ace Member
  • 111 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 29 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

Demo is up, so you can look at it ^_^

Edited by Tidloc, 29 February 2012 - 10:41 AM.

#5 Diego Rafael

Diego Rafael

• Ace Member
  • 8 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:29 AM

Awersome script, but I think I found a bug: When I re-sell the itens (apple...) they dont show up in the shop (or when do, they show as 0 in stock, but u can still buy one). :/
"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? He said, “Don’t bring me any trouble, bitch!”" ~Edel

You suddenly appeared in front of me in this hell. The day that I would get to meet you...I always wanted to apologize to you...I only endured because of that! I kept on living." ~Lucy

#6 Tidloc

Tidloc

Tidloc

• Ace Member
  • 111 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:04 AM

err... true, but this appears only with the apples in the demo... o_Ó
I'll have to look into this, never encountered this bug before...

Edit: Already found a way to bypass this issue, see my actual script and uploaded a new demo with the actuel version too ;-)

Edited by Michael, 02 May 2012 - 09:32 AM.

#7 Diego Rafael

Diego Rafael

• Ace Member
  • 8 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

wow ty is working 140% now (lame joke). =)

Ill use it in my game with credits of course.

*hugs*
"Do you know what Jesus said in John chapter 5? He said, “Don’t bring me any trouble, bitch!”" ~Edel

You suddenly appeared in front of me in this hell. The day that I would get to meet you...I always wanted to apologize to you...I only endured because of that! I kept on living." ~Lucy

#8 fransico jose Rodriguez

fransico jose Rodriguez

• Ace Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:59 AM

Great script.

Im trying to make a "Barter Script" for my game without gold, and this script is really nice starting point. I will credit you, of course.

#9 fransico jose Rodriguez

fransico jose Rodriguez

• Ace Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:10 AM

Sorry, for the double post.

In my own game I got the error in witch when the shop replenish their amounts, the items I sold dissapear.

#10 Crazemaster

Crazemaster

• Ace Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:09 PM

How does one go about using your demos? It won't open with any program on my computer...

#11 Tidloc

Tidloc

Tidloc

• Ace Member
  • 111 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 01 July 2012 - 06:30 AM

simply open the rar-file, thenuse the exe to install the game-files to any folder (like your projects-folder)

#12 Stuntman Mike

Stuntman Mike

• Ace Member
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:41 PM

I tried the demo and loved it because trading is a big part of my Gothic based game

However I'm looking for a barter shop system but there is nothing comparable at the moment..

I have also a request here http://www.rpgmakerv...ter-shop-system and I hope that somebody scripts this as long as I live ;)

#13 omgitzlt

omgitzlt

• Ace Member
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

Hi, I just started using your script & I love it! Nice work! One question tho... I just want to change the names of the shop menu choices, "Regular Items, Sell Items, Special Offers" to something different. How do I do that? :)

#14 Tidloc

Tidloc

Tidloc

• Ace Member
  • 111 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 28 March 2013 - 03:14 PM

if you're using the english version see lines 88 to 91...
in my scripts everything adjustable is always in the first lines ;-)

#15 Shugo1818

Shugo1818

• Ace Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:22 AM

Hi, I recently got into wanting to get serious with Vx Ace and I love the idea of this script. I'm rather noobish though with this scripting language and I am having a rather hard time understanding parts of it. How exactly do you change what a specific store carries item/weapon/armor wise? I know it deals with the MAXGAIN, MAXSTART, and MINSTART but just not for sure what the numbers mean.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users