• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#61 gentlemanorcus

gentlemanorcus

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 02:16 AM

Cool. Should I copy over all the individual scripts from the new version or did you only change a few specific scripts?

#62 gonns

gonns

• Ace Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 04:55 AM

please make this Gtbs have dual job like in final fantasy tactic or make this battle system like vandal heart 2 :D

#63 Wren

Wren

Paragon/Renegade

• Ace Member
  • 1,043 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 27 January 2014 - 06:01 AM

This is exciting news!

I really really want to start a tactical battle / army management game, but I keep making no progress on my current project.

Game Status

Spoiler

Super Awesome People Shoutout

Spoiler

Ace Academy: Practice Through Roleplay

Ace-Academy.gif

Come Join!

#64 GubiD

GubiD

Scripting Nerd

• Ace Member
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPleasant Grove, UT
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 27 January 2014 - 10:05 AM

gentlemanorcus,

Importing from 2.3 to 2.4

1. First, open the new demo.

2. Select the Import/Export script.

3. Set Export to true.

4. Test run the game to have it export the scripts.

5. Copy the 'Scripts' folder from the Demo Project to your Project under the same name/location.

6. Open the editor for your game.

7. Select the Import/Export script.

8. Set the IMPORT to true and SHOW_CONSOLE to true.

9. Test run your game.

10. It will import the scripts (Note that your 'script sections' must be of the same name for them to import without reporting "missing headers"). The console will ask you if you wish to import two scripts, say yes to both.

11. Close your editor (without saving) and reopen.

12. Cut the script '[GTBS] Action Animation' from below 'Main' and paste it between '[GTBS] Process Action' and '[GTBS] FriendOrFoe'. These scripts are under the [GTBS_BattleScene] header.

13. Copy the MGC_Layy_Meta_1_5.dll file from the 2.4 Demo Project folder over to your game's folder.

14. Your scripts have now been fully updated to the 2.4. Remember to change Export to false in the Import/Export Script in your game.

gonns,

What do you mean dual job?  FFT didnt allow that.  (At least not in the PSX version)  

And by Vandal Hearts, do you mean to have DUAL turns?(actor and enemy moving at the same time)  Or the skill system where you decide your skills via the weapons?

Wren, DO IT!  I always find that if I am not motivated to more my current thing forward.  I just need to play a game and stop trying to create one.  Anything non-fps.  And that helps get my creative juices running again.  That or a deadline for a particular goal. 

Edited by GubiD, 27 January 2014 - 10:06 AM.

23vkiso.png
ca.gifminecraftsi.png

Want to play Minecraft with me? SponAsylum.DynDns.org

Want to see what I am working on? Check me out on Youtube.

#65 gentlemanorcus

gentlemanorcus

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:05 PM

Thanks! I though I'd have to copy/paste everything.

#66 Wren

Wren

Paragon/Renegade

• Ace Member
  • 1,043 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 10:11 PM

-snip-

Wren, DO IT!  I always find that if I am not motivated to more my current thing forward.  I just need to play a game and stop trying to create one.  Anything non-fps.  And that helps get my creative juices running again.  That or a deadline for a particular goal. 

Man, I really want to, I even had a cool dream about having each character in an army be custom generated with a point buy system.....yes, I dream about rpgmaker vxace game mechanics.

I really really want to finish one project though, and starting an ambitious tactics army game while in the doldrums of my current project just seems like buying half a dozen tickets to the crazy farm.

Game Status

Spoiler

Super Awesome People Shoutout

Spoiler

Ace Academy: Practice Through Roleplay

Ace-Academy.gif

Come Join!

#67 Reed

Reed

• Ace Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 29 January 2014 - 01:14 PM

It's finally here. Thanks for porting it into Ace. Freaking love this  :D

kick_ass_by_alex35ex_by_alex35ex-d6wxm8p

"Being A Super Hero Is Bad For Your Health !" - Kick-Ass

#68 gonns

gonns

• Ace Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 05:21 AM

you dont know dual job in FFT (yes both in psx and psp)....are you kidding right :D, dual job is hero can have a job and skill/magic like summoner plus knight  or black mage + white mage in same time

#69 GubiD

GubiD

Scripting Nerd

• Ace Member
  • 53 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:32 PM

Ah, you mean the ability to assign a class skill set to the second slot.  Thus having dual classes.  I get it.  Dont mind me and my thick headedness.

Hope all is going well for everyone.  I see that we have just broke 1000 downloads of GTBS 2.4!  I am happy that it seems to be addressing all the old issues and was feature rich enough to make you all happy :)

Most of the issues that have been presented are dealing with other scripts compatibility.  Most have already been addressed and the others are being worked on.  If you are having any issues with compatibility or otherwise (setup/errors/etc) please visit my website and post there.  I get a RSS feed of the issues reported and can address them their fastest.  Thank you for your support!

23vkiso.png
ca.gifminecraftsi.png

#70 jeb1981

jeb1981

• Ace Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 02:10 AM

Hello, brand new to this, went looking for scripts for a tactical RPG, and found this! I'm excited to get to tinkering, but I already have a problem... I don't want to use the isometric view, at least not until I'm more familiar with the software. So how do I turn off Layy Meta Engine and work with 2D maps, but keep the rest of GTBS running?

(I would ask on the redminedev forums, but the only way I can even look at them is through cached versions on Google.)

Thanks in advance!

#71 Maebius

Maebius

• Ace Member
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

(I would ask on the redminedev forums, but the only way I can even look at them is through cached versions on Google.)

Thanks in advance!

Yep,  I'd love to check this out but the dev page hasn't worked for me for a couple days now.   But it sounds awesome!

#72 Quasi

Quasi

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

@jeb1981 you just make maps through normal editor.  GTBS checks if its a map made with Layy Meta or not.  You can also check to make sure there is no note for Layy Meta in the Map properties.  

Iso maps have a note like : [layy_meta:Enterance2] which just means it'll run the iso map instead.

Edit:  If you have the 2.4 demo, you can look at Map001, that is the old default tactical battle test map which isn't in layy meta.

And I thought I was the only one having the issues with the site since my net has been bad lately lol

Edited by Quasi, 27 February 2014 - 03:13 PM.

quasi-1.jpg

#73 GubiD

GubiD

Scripting Nerd

• Ace Member
  • 53 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:01 PM

Webpage is back up.  New address however.  

Gubi.us

Sorry about the outages guys.  I was having some problems with dyndns for some reason.  So I bit the bullet and bought my own domain.  Anyway, I have updated all the links in the main post and posted it here as well to help get you back to there.  

Hopefully now that I have a new provider we will stop having these stupid outage issues.  

23vkiso.png
ca.gifminecraftsi.png

#74 GubiD

GubiD

Scripting Nerd

• Ace Member
  • 53 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 03 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

Check out this game made using GTBS by Quasi. 

http://rpgmaker.net/games/6058/

It doesnt have a super deep story, but it is still a good play.  Game play time 40-70 min.

23vkiso.png
ca.gifminecraftsi.png

#75 Overlord

Overlord

• Ace Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 04:27 PM

One word. Woah.

#76 Quasi

Quasi

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 10:40 PM

Check out this game made using GTBS by Quasi. 

http://rpgmaker.net/games/6058/

It doesnt have a super deep story, but it is still a good play.  Game play time 40-70 min.

I forgot to advertise that around lol.  Still waiting to see if anyone reports any bugs before releasing a rtp included version, but I might actually make it less linear before releasing a rtp included cause I really liked the whole "eleven days to save the world" idea and want to expand it + rewrite some of the lines.

But this was intended to try to grab some attention to GTBS, cause I want to play some fun tactical battles!

quasi-1.jpg

#77 ALLI55

ALLI55

• Ace Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:57 AM

This is a really awesome script.
I'm using it for my project but i cant get a few things to work.

1. I'm trying to setup a shop during the battle, when a actor steps on a battle event or used a specific skill the shop should pop up but it doesn't.

2. My second problem is to get the id of an actor, when the actor steps on a battle event or waits on it.

The id would be then stored as a variable.

#78 TacticsMan

TacticsMan

• Ace Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 March 2014 - 03:31 PM

I get this error whenever I use an item in battle.

http://imgur.com/fD2KTGw

Edited by TacticsMan, 14 March 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#79 Quasi

Quasi

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 02:19 PM

open script manager, and open [GTBS] Process Action, go to line 281 and replace that current line with:
if @action.item_skill != nil

I had already fixed this and can't recall, the old line, but I think it was missing the '@' infront of action

quasi-1.jpg

#80 TacticsMan

TacticsMan

• Ace Member
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 March 2014 - 08:02 AM

open script manager, and open [GTBS] Process Action, go to line 281 and replace that current line with:
if @action.item_skill != nil

I had already fixed this and can't recall, the old line, but I think it was missing the '@' infront of action

That fixed it. Thanks.

Since I'm not using mini-battle, how do I remove the little "hop" characters do when executing certain actions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users