Your Common RPG Items
Note: This topic is originally posted under my website. If you wish to share this topic, you can link to this thread here in RPGMAKERVXACE.NET or in my website.
Whenever we talk about RPG and you ever decide to make one, you’ll probably stumble upon the question “What items should my game have?”. This lesson takes you to know the common or standard rpg items you would probably see in most games.
Healing Items – These items purpose is to heal or restore one or more targets (of the player’s party) HP and MP. Some RPG calls it SP or AP for the Mana. It also comes in different variations such as the item can heal one target or the whole of the party, heals at least 25%, 50% and 100% of the target’s HP or MP.
- Healing Herb
- Healing Potion
- Mana Seed
- Mana Potion
- Elixir – Heals HP and MP at 50% rate.
- Full Rejuvenating Potion – Heals HP and MP to full.
Cures for Status Changes – The purpose of these items is to cure any status changes inflicted to one or more members of the party. Common status changes are: Blindness (lessens accuracy), Silence (character can not use spells), Paralysis (character can not move), Stun (stops movement for a number of turns), Poison (depletes HP per turn), Death (character has fainted and unable to battle), and Burns (depletes HP per turn).
- Antidote – Cures poison.
- Croc Tear – Cures blindness.
- Mobilizer – Cures paralysis and stun.
- Jabbergrass – Cures Silence.
- Panacea – Cures all Status Changes.
- Ammonia – Revives a fainted ally.
Battle Items – The purpose of these items is to temporarily boost a character’s status. They come in different rates, versions or per turns. These can also be items that boosts up an Element Affinity for the character.
- Life Bar – Temporarily adds 100 to HP in Battle.
- Mana Food – Temporarily adds 100 to MP in Battle.
- Power Seed – Boosts up Attack Power for 5 turns.
- Agility Seed – Boosts up Agility for 5 turns.
- Defense Seed – Boosts up Defense for 5 turns.
- Magic Seed – Boosts up Magical Attacks for 5 turns.
- Fire Scroll – Boosts up Fire Affinity magic.
- Wind Scroll – Boosts up Wind Affinity magic.
- Water Scroll – Boosts up Water Affinity magic.
- Earth Scroll – Boosts up Earth Affinity magic.
- Holy Scroll – Boosts up Holy Affinity magic.
Casting Items – The purpose of these items is to cast a magic / spell / special attack when they are used inside battle. The players will need this if they want to replicate magical attacks that their characters already have, but to conserve their MP / AP for a more significant battle.
- Molotov – Casts Fire Magic.
- Weathervane – Casts Wind Magic.
- Water Bomb – Casts Water Magic.
- Icicle – Casts Ice Magic.
- Dynamite – Casts Earth Magic.
Warding Items – The purpose of these items is to repel or ward of Random or Map Enemy encounters. This is often used by players whenever they want to explore the map without getting disturbed by enemies that randomly attacks the player. Their lasting power maybe counted by how many steps the characters already made or based on time.
- Repel – Wards off enemies. Duration: 50 steps.
- Ultra Repel – Wards off enemies. Duration 100 steps.
- Warding Spray – Wards off enemies. Duration: 5 minutes.
Booster Items – The purpose of these items is to Permanently boost or add points to one character’s status.
- Life Shard – Permanently adds 10 to HP.
- Magic Shard – Permanently adds 10 to MP.
- Power Food – Permanently adds 1 to Strength.
- Protein – Permanently adds 1 to Defense.
- Shallow Eye – Permanently adds 1 to Agility.
- Fish Head – Permanently adds 1 to Wisdom.
Forging Items – These items serves as ingredients for forging a powerful weapon or armor or any magical material.
- Metal Scraps
- Dirty Filter
- Glass Shard
- Old Tire
- Burnt Plug
- Rusty Pipe
These are some of the common RPG Items you can find. You will surely need them whenever you plan to create your own RPG some day. Most players will surely look for these kinds of items.
Edited by SoulPour777, 27 September 2013 - 07:16 PM.