DoubleX

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 220 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:39 PM

Note

This addon doesn't work if the battle system isn't catb

Using DoubleX RMVXA Tag Addon to Yami Engine Symphony - Battle Symphony as well may improve the compatibility with Yami Engine Symphony - Battle Symphony:

http://www.rpgmakerv...attle-symphony/

Prerequisites

DoubleX RMVXA Bug Fixes to YSA Battle System: Classical ATB

http://www.rpgmakerv...-classical-atb/

YSA Battle System: Classical ATB(Created by Yami)

http://www.rpgmakerv...e time battle

Script name

DoubleX RMVXA Unison Addon to YSA Battle System: Classical ATB

Author

DoubleX:

- This script

Yami:

- YSA Battle System: Classical ATB

Terms of use

Same as that of YSA Battle System: Classical ATB except that you must also give Yami credit(you should do this anyway) if you give DoubleX or his alias credit

Introduction

Adds unison skills and items to YSA Battle System: Classical ATB

Spoiler

Video

http://www.youtube.c...eature=youtu.be

Features

Use of notetags(needs knowledge of notetag usage) to set specific skills or items needing specific actors and using specific parameter rules in their charge and cooldown rate and damage formulae in notetags in these skills or items' notebox

Instructions

Open the script editor and put this script into an open slot between the script DoubleX RMVXA Bug Fixes to YSA Battle System: Classical ATB and Main. Save to take effect.

Compatibility

Same as that of YSA Battle System: Classical ATB

FAQ

None

Changelog

v1.02b(GMT 0000 1-7-2014):

- Compatible with DoubleX RMVXA Action Addon to YSA Battle System: Classical ATB

- Fixed unison item not invoking common event bug

- Fixed nil BattleManager.actor while picking target bug

v1.02a(GMT 0900 7-2-2014):

- Added <custom catb unison param: x> notetag

v1.01a(GMT 1500 26-1-2014):

- Compatible with Actor Personal Hotkeys and fixed charge and nil item bug

v1.00a(GMT 0000 23-1-2014):

- 1st version of this script finished

Attached File  (DoubleX)YSA CATB Unison Addon v1.02b.txt   39.88KB   6 downloads

Edited by DoubleX, 05 July 2014 - 01:41 AM.

#2 Samji

Samji

• Ace Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:42 AM

Hey, DoubleX,

I am using Yami's classic ATB system in my game. Your unison skill scripts give a nice flavor to the battle system. I thought I would give it a try.

It generally works great. Except I kept getting this error that crashes the game. I wonder if you can have a look at it for me?

It's a NoMethodError on line611. Specifically, it is: ( if BattleManager.actor.input.item.catb_unison_item)

The odd thing is that it happens when I did NOT use unison skills. My gut tells me that it was because the battle was fast. The script somehow recognizes multiple attacks as "unison", while they were not tagged for unison skills. Hope this helps. But don't take my word for it.

Thanks ahead. Excellent job, by the way.

#3 DoubleX

DoubleX

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 220 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 16 May 2014 - 05:34 AM

Hey, DoubleX,

I am using Yami's classic ATB system in my game. Your unison skill scripts give a nice flavor to the battle system. I thought I would give it a try.

It generally works great. Except I kept getting this error that crashes the game. I wonder if you can have a look at it for me?

It's a NoMethodError on line611. Specifically, it is: ( if BattleManager.actor.input.item.catb_unison_item)

The odd thing is that it happens when I did NOT use unison skills. My gut tells me that it was because the battle was fast. The script somehow recognizes multiple attacks as "unison", while they were not tagged for unison skills. Hope this helps. But don't take my word for it.

Thanks ahead. Excellent job, by the way.

May you please quote the whole error log and all other custom scripts you used if any?

I haven't investigated thoroughly, but if there's no other custom scripts, my guess is that the cause is that the actor doesn't exist or is dead while he/she/it's trying to target enemies. If so, Changing line611 to

if BattleManager.actor && BattleManager.actor.input.item.catb_unison_item

may stop your crash.

#4 Samji

Samji

• Ace Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:14 AM

Thanks for your response, DoubleX. Appreciate it.

I am sure the actors were still alive. It was more likely the targets were not. But it's hard to tell if the target was dead or not, since it was a crash error.  Imagine multuple actors hitting the same target.  When actions took place really quickly, I am guessing the script "thought" I was inputting a unison skill, while these attacks were not tagged as unison skills. Is that even possible? Apologize if I'm talking nonsense. I can't script. I have no ideas.

I'll test out the new line and see if it works the next few days. I hope it'll solve the problem. I have SO many scripts working at the same time. I don't even know where to start trouble-shooting with.

I'm just leaving this message so you know I got your message. I'll tell you what happens whether it works or not. I'm sure you would like to know, too. Thanks. I'll be back.

Edited by Samji, 19 May 2014 - 08:19 AM.

#5 DoubleX

DoubleX

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 220 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:36 PM

Updates

v1.02b(GMT 0000 1-7-2014):

- Compatible with DoubleX RMVXA Action Addon to YSA Battle System: Classical ATB

- Fixed unison item not invoking common event bug

- Fixed nil BattleManager.actor while picking target bug

#6 Samji

Samji

• Ace Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 07:23 PM

Me again, doubleX, reporting my testing results.

After your suggestion changing line611 (above), it worked perfectly. Your instinct was spot on.

Then there was your new update, which didn't seem to agree with my other millions of scripts. So I reverted back to the previous version, with line 611 altered. I might use it in new games, but for at least this one, the old one works. The only problem I still get occasionally was in fact from YF's Ace battle engine, line 2285 (Window Help). It kept telling me the term "name" for "battler_name" was not defined. But it does not seem to have come from either Yami's CATB or your Unison scripts. It regulates the name of enemy selected during battles on top of the screen, which I don't think your script overwrites anything about it.

So, that's about it. I'm done! Game is done! Yay! It's starting the b-testing process. Thank you very much. Look for your name in the credit screen.

#7 DoubleX

DoubleX

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 220 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:51 PM

Me again, doubleX, reporting my testing results.

After your suggestion changing line611 (above), it worked perfectly. Your instinct was spot on.

Then there was your new update, which didn't seem to agree with my other millions of scripts. So I reverted back to the previous version, with line 611 altered. I might use it in new games, but for at least this one, the old one works. The only problem I still get occasionally was in fact from YF's Ace battle engine, line 2285 (Window Help). It kept telling me the term "name" for "battler_name" was not defined. But it does not seem to have come from either Yami's CATB or your Unison scripts. It regulates the name of enemy selected during battles on top of the screen, which I don't think your script overwrites anything about it.

So, that's about it. I'm done! Game is done! Yay! It's starting the b-testing process. Thank you very much. Look for your name in the credit screen.

I'm interested in which custom scripts have compatibility issues with the v1.02b update of my script :)

For that error in YF's Ace Battle Engine, it should have nothing to do with any YSA CATB script nor my fixes nor addons to them, like what you've said. It seems that you've asked this in Yanfly's Channel before and I suspect it's a compatibility issue with other custom scripts. Technically speaking:

Spoiler

Edited by DoubleX, 22 July 2014 - 08:52 PM.

#8 Samji

Samji

• Ace Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:07 AM

Right again. And I actually understand what you are saying! I am definitely improving.

I think I've looked and can't recall any scripts other than YF's ever touched the "Window_help" section. Plenty scripts did "update" after battles, though, including scene_base and Scene_battle, which I know we absolutely can not touch (well, I am afraid to touch, anyway). It looks like there is actually an "update battler_name" coming up right after this little "battler_name" section. But I don't think YF would have missed it when it is within the same script. So I think I should look for other scripts that overwrite the window _help part.

Anyway, I'll look again in details, just in case I've missed it. This is the one and only problem left in the game. It bugs me that I can't make it all "healthy".

Come to think of it, is there a way to add a line to tell it to just sort of "forget it" with an "if .... = nil" condition to bypass it, like the little magic you did with your own script above? It's not supposed to show anything anyway with no battlers left. Apologize if I'm going astray. It seems like battle engines are your expertise.

#9 DoubleX

DoubleX

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 220 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 24 July 2014 - 12:25 AM

Right again. And I actually understand what you are saying! I am definitely improving.

I think I've looked and can't recall any scripts other than YF's ever touched the "Window_help" section. Plenty scripts did "update" after battles, though, including scene_base and Scene_battle, which I know we absolutely can not touch (well, I am afraid to touch, anyway). It looks like there is actually an "update battler_name" coming up right after this little "battler_name" section. But I don't think YF would have missed it when it is within the same script. So I think I should look for other scripts that overwrite the window _help part.

Anyway, I'll look again in details, just in case I've missed it. This is the one and only problem left in the game. It bugs me that I can't make it all "healthy".

Come to think of it, is there a way to add a line to tell it to just sort of "forget it" with an "if .... = nil" condition to bypass it, like the little magic you did with your own script above? It's not supposed to show anything anyway with no battlers left. Apologize if I'm going astray. It seems like battle engines are your expertise.

A precise solution for this usually requires at least some testing by experienced scripters, but you can first add 

return "" if !battler

to the method battler_name, i.e.:

def battler_name(battler)
  return "" if !battler
  text = battler.name.clone
  return text
end

These kind of fixes are generally the quickest but also most lazy ones(as they didn't address any root cause at all) and it may produce some other problems, that's why at least some testing is almost a must :)

Edited by DoubleX, 24 July 2014 - 12:32 AM.

#10 Samji

Samji

• Ace Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:01 PM

Well, the quick and dirty fix worked. Should have asked you before I stupidly tried to fix it for months.

I see that you have updated the unison skill add on yet again. So I think I would test your new version for you. As I recall, the problem I had was scene_battle line 404. Def the_enemy_OK was .... well... not OK after I switch on the updated version previously.

Now I think of it. It could have been a coincidence (although I am not a believer of coincidences). To be fair, I am going to test it out again, since you worked hard on it, and are very good at communicating with users. I'll report back later, after another maybe 10-20 hours of testing.

PS. Yep! It happened again. Scene_battle, Line 404. Undefined method "index" for Nil/NilClass. It occured at the end of the battles.

I bet it's the same problem. It can not find the enemy after they are dead. I see that this add on script has an alias on the same section (line 591). Does this have something to do with it? Or is it the YF ace battle engine?

And why doesn't it happen to the alias def_on_actor_ok part? (Oh, right. My actors didn't die. That's why.)

PS. OK. Here's what's odd. I also have CATB bug fix (between Yami's CATB and your unison skills), which is supposed to fix exactly this problem. It looks like it's not working. Let me investigate further.

Edited by Samji, 13 August 2014 - 06:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users