Custom title screen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 hokieman

hokieman

• Ace Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:22 PM

Im not sure if I need a script or its somewhere and I'm overlooking it but how can I add my own title screen image?

#2 Dark Horseman

Dark Horseman

NPC

• Ace Member
  • 323 posts
  • RM Skill - Artist

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:31 PM

Go into your game folder. YourGame\Graphics\Titles1

Move a picture there. PNG or JPEG work just fine. Go into your game editor. Go to System and at the right, change title to your picture under Title1.

#3 hokieman

hokieman

• Ace Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:46 PM

Ah thanks I knew I overlooked something

#4 hokieman

hokieman

• Ace Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:40 PM

Oh one more question, I have a certain event so where you can only open a door if you have a key, how do i make that happen? And how about one where you need to press a switch to make a door open as well. Im thinking its under common events but im not sure

#5 James Clement

James Clement

+7 to Intellect

• Ace Member
  • 16 posts
  • LocationNorthwest United States
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 26 April 2012 - 03:35 PM

The door with a key can be done by using a conditional branch set to detect if the character has the key in question currently in their inventory. Then you can code it like you would a regular door with a text box saying something along the lines of "Used key to unlock door". Under the ELSE section you can put a text box saying "Door is locked". If you set this up then the door event won't allow the player to pass unless they have the particular key.

As for the switch, it can be be done with a global switch and a door event with two pages. Set up the event with the graphic for the switch you want the player flip. Then at the end of that command list, use "Control Switches" under GAME PROGRESSION to set an available global switch to equal ON. Now on your door event, the first page should have the graphic for a solid door with a priority same as characters. This page can have a text box saying something along the lines of "It seems as though this door is triggered elsewhere".
Then create the second page for this door event and set under conditions to detect if the global switch you chose earlier is set to on. This page would work well with no graphic and priority set to below characters with a transfer player command. Now with those things set, until the character finds and presses your switch the door will be shown as the solid graphic with a text telling them to find the switch. After the flip it, no door will be in place and as soon as they walk onto the event it will transfer them to your desired map. Go give this a shot and see if you can get it to work.

If any of this is too confusing feel free to come back and ask any questions you need. I'll try to check back frequently.
Current VX ACE Projects
- Ultimate Illusion

#6 hokieman

hokieman

• Ace Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

Hmm well I guess ill keep on pouring on the questions. I notice as I got further into my game (now almost done) when i select a battle so you can't escape I can still escape. As you can see this is a huge issue for me (beat the game without doing a battle) but it worked for me before any idea why?

#7 hokieman

hokieman

• Ace Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 06:18 PM

Bumping, and if I really can't change the escape battle cause something has happend do you know if there is a script for it to get rid of the escape button all together?

Another question I had is that I can't generate a dungeon anymore, the whole program crashes on me before giving me an error. Any help there? Thanks

#8 Sepulchre_Ruck

Sepulchre_Ruck

• Ace Member
  • 4 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:04 AM

Go into your game folder. YourGame\Graphics\Titles1

Move a picture there. PNG or JPEG work just fine. Go into your game editor. Go to System and at the right, change title to your picture under Title1.

I found this thread trying to do this same thing. I can't find what you mean in the red highlighted text. I dont see System in my game editor.

#9 Galv

Galv

Forum Defender

• Staff Manager/Global Mod
  • 4,937 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

They were talking about going in the database (Press F9 in RPGMaker Editor) and then go to the "System" tab. The option to change your title screen is on the tab near the bottom right.

This thread is very old, I'm locking it. Please create a new thread for any further questions :)

Those who toy with pure hearts
will someday be tried by pure hearts!

xwGfmy9.png

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users