#1 Dorian Tokici

Dorian Tokici

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSaskatoon SK Canada
  • RM Skill - Pixel Artist

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:20 AM

Hello everyone. Just wanting to request a script to whomever may have some free time and possibly would get some use out of this script themselves.

Name: Dual and Triple Combination Techs or Skills

What is it: It would allow two or three (maybe more?) characters to combine specific skills to create a single more powerful skill. For example, if character A knows Fire and character B knows Earth, they could combine the skills to produce an attack, Scorched Earth, a powerful fire and earth attack.

Specifics: I am not going to assume everyone is familiar with Chrono Trigger, but if you are, it would be similar to that. If you're not, basically, the characters give up their individual turn to perform a combination tech, so you can't have two characters performing the combination attack twice. This would mean two things, if the first character selects the combination attack (assuming they are the first to act), the second character's turn is overridden. And, if the first character performs a regular attack, when the second character's turn comes up, the combination attack is greyed out, since the first character already selected an action.

Thoughts, comments, if anyone would get some use out of this, please feel free to respond.

signature.png

#2 SuperNurse

SuperNurse

RPG RN

• Ace Member
  • 27 posts
  • LocationNYC
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 30 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

There's a dual one called Skill Fusion by Kread-EX.

http://grimoirecastl...0/skill-fusion/

#3 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 6,291 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 30 April 2012 - 01:08 AM

Is it actually "fusion"? From what I'm reading, first person uses the skill, and then the second person performs the fusion afterwards.

I guess someone could use that script as a base for the dual/triple/arbitrary skills.

Edited by Tsukihime, 30 April 2012 - 01:09 AM.

My Scripts. Go here for Bugs and Requests.

himeworks011.png

Like on Facebook: HimeWorks
Follow on Twitter: @HimeWorks

#4 Dorian Tokici

Dorian Tokici

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

There's a dual one called Skill Fusion by Kread-EX.

http://grimoirecastl...0/skill-fusion/

Thanks. This is fundamentally similar to what I had in mind.

signature.png

#5 Dorian Tokici

Dorian Tokici

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 12:20 PM

Bump. Posted on the blog. Will post here too, in case anyone else is having this issue:

Using this script and loving it. It definitely adds a whole new dimension to battles. There’s just a strange quirk, and I am not sure why it is happening. Everything works fine, except once the combination attack occurs, even when it’s set to hit all enemies, it animates as many times as there are enemies. Any idea why … ? I’m using Fomar’s Animated Battlers as well as his ATB system. Your script is below the Animated Battlers script, but above the ATB one.

signature.png

#6 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 6,291 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:07 PM

It depends on which animation you use.
There are animations that are played for each enemy, and there are other animations that play once. Or should.

If you go to animation tab in database you'll see a position dropdown for like "screen", "center", etc.
That controls which type of animation it is.

Things that should be targeting multiple enemies without playing the animation for each hit should have "screen" position.

Edited by Tsukihime, 03 May 2012 - 01:07 PM.

My Scripts. Go here for Bugs and Requests.

himeworks011.png

Like on Facebook: HimeWorks
Follow on Twitter: @HimeWorks

#7 Maus Merryjest

Maus Merryjest

Magister Contrapunctis

• Ace Member
  • 138 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:40 PM

I enjoyed using this in my game project, specially with the party check off--- because it forces players to keep in mind what element they're fighting. In my game I've set up both good and bad combinations (for example, casting equal levels of two specific elements will cause a fizzle. Casting equal levels of two other pairs of elements... well, let's just say it's rather disastrous, but the combination is logical if you think about it)-- so it brings into play the ability to pre-emptively fizzle out an enemy's spells... or take his spell, turn it around, and blast him with something very powerful that was *his* fault.
I love this script.
Posted Image

#8 Dorian Tokici

Dorian Tokici

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:21 PM

It depends on which animation you use.
There are animations that are played for each enemy, and there are other animations that play once. Or should.

If you go to animation tab in database you'll see a position dropdown for like "screen", "center", etc.
That controls which type of animation it is.

Things that should be targeting multiple enemies without playing the animation for each hit should have "screen" position.

Doesn't seem to be working. And now that I investigated further, it seems to be a problem beyond the combination attacks, as now EVERY skill that hits all enemies, is animating for EACH enemy. Not sure what the problem is.

signature.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users