First Seed Material's got a post on ACE

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
16 replies to this topic

#1 Mingnon

Mingnon

• Ace Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:27 AM

I sincerely apologize if this has been posted before or this topic isn't appropriate.

http://www.tekepon.n...ticle.php?id=48

Here's the Google Translate version of it:

Today, "RPG Maker VX Ace" I celebrated the release date!

Predecessor "RPG Maker VX" legitimate evolution in that version of events and commands in the database, other more advanced settings are available now been eased restrictions on the number of tile sets, BGM and movie playback position memory including the ability to play, being measured in terms of functionality enhancements, and also ensures compatibility with the previous work of graphic elements and music material.

For the script, because the upgrade to RGSS3 RGSS2, as is, but I think many of the previous work material is not available, use a script and could not until now that it was difficult for many, a standard feature can now be realized.
Also, included more than 100 sample map loaded when you create a version of the Web "Character Maker Chibi" advanced features and graphic face "Generator" Character, etc. are mounted, 見逃Semase to enhance their accessibility tools I not.

New features and specifications of materials and information for VX users, help included software (also available in trial version) it has been described in detail, along with information on official website, I would like to look through all means.

----

Well, it is in response to VX Ace site, request bulletin board categories, scripts VX Ace (RGSS3) has established a special category material.
Graphic material for the musical material, so very similar material and VX, the name of the category "VX" to "VX / VX Ace" and renamed it, and will be shared.
※ When a request, please use the tool as possible as described.

With regard to distribution of materials such as RTP is a modification of material acquisition, and support from so check the version of conventions such as the official site or product, please wait a follow-up.
Sample maps and tools for character creation, on the terms and specifications confirmed, we will respond as needed.

[Apology and Correction: Added 12/15]

"- For a modification of materials and distribution of material recorded RTP" in the context of, "Yun sum Maker Series" and was described for the collection of materials is not permitted to distribute material modification alone.
We apologize and correct, sorry.

#2 Loki

Loki

Administrator

• + Premium Members
  • 374 posts
  • LocationUnited States
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:07 AM

I don't understand the point of this thread. We already posted translations of RMVX Ace material on rpgmakervxace.com.

#3 shaz

shaz

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 611 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:16 AM

Is that an explanation of one of the terms of use? Is he saying that you may NOT make modifications of the RTP and distribute them as a collection? "Not permitted to distribute material modifications alone" - so you can only use mods in your own game and distribute them with the game?

#4 Michael Ponder Jr

Michael Ponder Jr

Mr Sensitive

• Ace Member
  • 390 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina USA
  • RM Skill - Pixel Artist

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:47 AM

Am i the only one who feels it's a bit retarded that you can no longer make modified graphics out of the RTP for your game?
A lot of what people now days do, is frankensprite things to make new things... this is dumb in my opinion.

#5 shaz

shaz

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 611 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:37 AM

I'm still waiting for the official English release, or for someone who knows Japanese to translate that. The above looks like it was also passed through Google Translator, which, when it comes to Japanese, leaves much to be desired.

Oh - actually, it looks like it's very specific. Do you know what "Yun sum Maker Series" is? It sounds like the VXAce materials may have been modded for this "series" (a game made in Japan maybe?), and perhaps THAT is what cannot be distributed as a collection. Maybe it's not talking about fans modifying graphics at all. Similar to the way the Samurai sprites cannot be distributed.

Edited by shaz, 17 December 2011 - 03:40 AM.

#6 szbutler123

szbutler123

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:46 AM

Am i the only one who feels it's a bit retarded that you can no longer make modified graphics out of the RTP for your game?
A lot of what people now days do, is frankensprite things to make new things... this is dumb in my opinion.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait. You can't take materials from Ace's RTP and frankensprite and use them for your commercial game? Wouldn't that make all of Avadan's awesome resources completely unusable for commercial games?

#7 mitchi.exe

mitchi.exe

Premium Member!

• Ace Member
  • 127 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:50 AM

Wait, someone's actually planning to release a commercial game?

In the long run, conditions like those regarding resources will not be strictly followed, in my opinion. I always believed that what you share (resources) to the digital world will... never be just yours anymore, and it's impossible, at least difficult, to track every single person who modifies your resources.

Edited by mitchi.exe, 17 December 2011 - 05:57 AM.

Posted Image

#8 szbutler123

szbutler123

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:21 PM

Wait, someone's actually planning to release a commercial game?

In the long run, conditions like those regarding resources will not be strictly followed, in my opinion. I always believed that what you share (resources) to the digital world will... never be just yours anymore, and it's impossible, at least difficult, to track every single person who modifies your resources.

Yeah, I get that, but did Enterbrain say you aren't allowed to edit Ace's RTP materials and use them for commercial games? If so, where was this stated?

#9 shaz

shaz

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 611 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:33 PM

Of course several people are planning to make commercial games. I don't know why the hobby community has to rubbish this all the time. There's nothing wrong with making a living doing something you enjoy, even if other people are happy to do it for nothing. Most people would envy someone who's doing that ;)

szbutler, it's just speculation based on Google's poor translation of the terms and conditions. We really need to wait until the English version comes out and see what the correct translation says. Personally, I'd be surprised if they were okay with it for every other engine, then said no for this one. True, they've got the sprite maker now so it may not be AS necessary, but there's still a lot of graphics that have nothing to do with the sprite maker.

Edited by shaz, 17 December 2011 - 01:35 PM.

#10 A.

A.

Banned - indefinitely

• Banned
  • 474 posts
  • Location(From) -> Beverly Hills, LA
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 17 December 2011 - 01:55 PM

Of course several people are planning to make commercial games. I don't know why the hobby community has to rubbish this all the time.

because people say there going to, they come up with good ideas but the licensing, the lawyers, the scriptors, the artists, the eventers, the mappers, the project team leaders and so on take too much time and money - also 90% of "this will be comercial" uses community resource based scripts and what not and thus cannot be made into a commercial game
Games I have going:
  • War of the Souls Currently: Chapter Two has begun
Sites I own:
  • Adam Balan Home to: BLACKANDWHITE, Games and Labs
Social Networks:
  • Stalk me on Twitter
  • Forums: RRR

#11 regendo

regendo

Ruler of Worlds

• Ace Member
  • 886 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:01 PM

also 90% of "this will be comercial" uses community resource based scripts and what not and thus cannot be made into a commercial game

I don't see why this should be a problem.
In that case, they should simply ask the creator(s) if they're allowed to use those scripts in a commercial game, and I'm pretty sure most would allow them to.
At least I would, as long as they credited me, allow them to use my scripts in their games.
Stay up-to-date with all of my scripts and my ToU on github! - /regendo/rgss3-scripts
@bStefann

#12 amerk

amerk

Advanced Member

• Forum Admins
  • 2,890 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 17 December 2011 - 02:51 PM

Why is this such a hard thing to figure out? No, Enterbrain is not saying you can't create your own RTP and frankensprite and edit, etc., etc., etc. What they are saying is you can't edit them for yourself and then distribute them or sell them to others. You can edit them for your own game to upload and sell, but you cannot distribute/sell the RTP or a modification of the RTP alone.

It was the same thing with the Samurai pack when that came out.

Once unencrypted games hit the market, though, and people get access to the variations of the RTP, it'll be business as always, same as it ever was. I'm assuming they are afraid somebody will take the RTP and use them for VX instead of buying the VXA, and for the time being it's probably best not to upload edited versions of the RTP.

After all to the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.

letter_log_harry_potter_envelope.png

#13 shaz

shaz

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 611 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

because people say there going to, they come up with good ideas but the licensing, the lawyers, the scriptors, the artists, the eventers, the mappers, the project team leaders and so on take too much time and money - also 90% of "this will be comercial" uses community resource based scripts and what not and thus cannot be made into a commercial game

Professional commercial developers know all of this already, and do pay team members or contractors for their time and resources. If they're prepared to do that, why poo-poo them about it? Anyone who plans a commercial game SHOULD be making sure that any community resources they use are approved for commercial use, and pay a fee and give credit where required (we always do). A lot of us also share our scripts and resources with the rest of the community - things we've paid to have created, being shared for free. So it works the other way too ;)

I just dislike the attitude that's prevalent on most RM boards where someone says the word "commercial" and is immediately mocked. Being a commercial game doesn't make it any better or worse than any other game and doesn't make the developer any better or worse than any other developer.

</soapbox>

Edited by shaz, 17 December 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#14 szbutler123

szbutler123

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 58 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:16 PM

Why is this such a hard thing to figure out? No, Enterbrain is not saying you can't create your own RTP and frankensprite and edit, etc., etc., etc. What they are saying is you can't edit them for yourself and then distribute them or sell them to others. You can edit them for your own game to upload and sell, but you cannot distribute/sell the RTP or a modification of the RTP alone.

It was the same thing with the Samurai pack when that came out.

Once unencrypted games hit the market, though, and people get access to the variations of the RTP, it'll be business as always, same as it ever was. I'm assuming they are afraid somebody will take the RTP and use them for VX instead of buying the VXA, and for the time being it's probably best not to upload edited versions of the RTP.

That's what I THOUGHT it would mean, but some people were misunderstanding and thus it was causing me to misunderstand.

To respond to Shaz's most recent post, I understand what you mean. Generally though, commercial projects, heck, FREE projects in general, are rarely finished. It just doesn't happen that often, compared to how many projects sit in the Project Development threads of these websites. Most people who say they are going to do this or that, won't. It's that simple. I'm just now deciding to do a commercial project because after working on RPG Maker since 2000, and finally finishing my first big project earlier this year, I feel that I have enough knowledge of RPG Maker to do so. But that's just my opinion. The fact that I actually finished my project, and it took me, the creator, 35+ hours to beat, shows me that I know what I need to do and NOT do in my commercial project. Mainly making it that big. Bottom line, actually finishing a project showed me what I could change for the better, what I should've done, and what I CAN do now. I have the confidence now to actually make something commercially. Something I never had before, even after 11 years of using the various RPG Maker programs. That's my reason for finally deciding to commit to a commercial project, regardless of how well it sells.

As someone who has frequented RPG Maker boards for years, I understand the criticism when people attack others for saying "here's what I'm going to do with my project". Because generally, it won't happen. Or if it does, it's not very good. And its not because they do not have the capacity or the ability to do it, its just because they are NEW to it and don't have the right experience YET. I think everyone is capable of getting the knowledge and know-how to make a fantastic RPG with RPG Maker. And I hope I continue to see good projects arise, and other people improve on their projects. It'd be wonderful if lots of RPG Maker projects were high quality, more great games for everyone to play :)

Edited by szbutler123, 17 December 2011 - 04:22 PM.

#15 seitensei

seitensei

神曲

• + Premium Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSetagaya, Tokyo, Japan

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:01 PM

I'm still waiting for the official English release, or for someone who knows Japanese to translate that. The above looks like it was also passed through Google Translator, which, when it comes to Japanese, leaves much to be desired.

Oh - actually, it looks like it's very specific. Do you know what "Yun sum Maker Series" is? It sounds like the VXAce materials may have been modded for this "series" (a game made in Japan maybe?), and perhaps THAT is what cannot be distributed as a collection. Maybe it's not talking about fans modifying graphics at all. Similar to the way the Samurai sprites cannot be distributed.

Yun sum Maker series is a mis-translation of tsukūrushirīzu sozai-shū wa. Maker series materials collection is more accurate.

Plus, a good chuck of the text is keigo, which trips up Google Translate~

Edited by seitensei, 17 December 2011 - 05:03 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#16 Mingnon

Mingnon

• Ace Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

I suppose I should apologize.

I was hoping that someone would be able to translate what was in the linked post. Maybe something about new and oncoming First Seed project stuff. I wasn't expecting it to turn into a mess about commercial products and whatnot.

#17 seitensei

seitensei

神曲

• + Premium Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationSetagaya, Tokyo, Japan

Posted 18 December 2011 - 01:11 AM

As I understand, Mingnon, the main chunk of it is just telling users about Ace, and also to be sure they're posting in the right forum for it.

Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users