Photo

[RMVXA] Tankentai v.100 Update Fully Functioning English Version (Installation Instructions)

passive lion tankentai rmxpfan enu guide tutorial english video

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
252 replies to this topic

#1 The Passive Lion

The Passive Lion

Your friendly neighborhood...

• Ace Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSan Michelle
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 31 May 2012 - 03:42 PM

***If you liked the old guide better, you can still download it here! Keep in mind it is made for version 099!  ;)***Attached File  RMVXA Forum Post for Tankentai.doc   4.67MB   412 downloads

How To Install Tankentai v.100 in English

A Step-by-Step Guide for Beginners by The Passive Lion

pl-wordpress-reference-logo.jpg

Have an error to report? Looking for Add-Ons for this Script? Click Here!

TANKENTAI FOR VX ACE created by: Enu

CURRENT VERSION: 100

COMMERCIAL USE: Available (click here for proof!)

(check out the video tutorial that goes with this guide!)

Getting Started:

Make sure you have all of the following materials before proceeding with this tutorial:

Takentai v.100 from Enu's Site

v.099 Animations.rvdata2 File

STEP 1: Download the Script

Spoiler

STEP 2: Copy/Paste the Scripts

Spoiler

STEP 3: Insert Custom Graphics

Spoiler

STEP 4: Replace Animations File

Spoiler

STEP 5: Test your Game

Spoiler

Only five steps? Really? Yes ladies and gentlemen, it is that simple. However, there is still so much more you can do with this script as the guide provided here just barely scratches the surfaces of the basics. For example, what about adding guns or animated enemies? Is that even possible? You'll have to follow the link below to find out! By the way, if you encounter any errors with the program, make sure to post below or to post in the error/add-on collection guide page. If I can't assist you, I'm positive another very well versed member of this excellent community will. 

Your friendly neighborhood,

Passive Lion

Dream. Develop. Deliver.

THE TANKENTAI FOR ACE GUIDE/ERROR COLLECTION

TANKENTAI FOR VX ACE created by: Enu

CURRENT VERSION: 100

COMMERCIAL USE: Available (click here for proof!)

Click here to download this script from Enu's Site!

Edited by The Passive Lion, 18 January 2013 - 04:47 PM.

#2 The Passive Lion

The Passive Lion

• Ace Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSan Michelle
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 01 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

Again, I hope this is helpful! Let me know what you guys think ;) .

#3 Penguin

Penguin

♫♪ Fa la la la la... ♪♫

• Ace Member
  • 5 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 01 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

Just found this today. Thanks for this! ;)

By the way, putting all the scripts in your project eliminates the fades between menus and battles and the title screen and such, and just replaces them with an instantaneous transition. Removing the last script in the list fixes this problem.

EDIT: Okay... I've used this script for a little while and it worked, and now, out of NOWHERE, this error appears whenever I get in a battle.

Posted Image

I tried removing all the custom scripts from my project and bringing back the one that caused the transition problem, and it didn't fix the problem. And this only happens in the game - not in battle test mode. Any idea what's wrong?

Edited by Penguin, 02 June 2012 - 11:27 AM.

#4 The Passive Lion

The Passive Lion

• Ace Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSan Michelle
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:17 PM

Just found this today. Thanks for this! ;)

By the way, putting all the scripts in your project eliminates the fades between menus and battles and the title screen and such, and just replaces them with an instantaneous transition. Removing the last script in the list fixes this problem.

EDIT: Okay... I've used this script for a little while and it worked, and now, out of NOWHERE, this error appears whenever I get in a battle.

Posted Image

I tried removing all the custom scripts from my project and bringing back the one that caused the transition problem, and it didn't fix the problem. And this only happens in the game - not in battle test mode. Any idea what's wrong?

I haven't had a chance to test this one out yet, but if I remember right, a very similar thing happened to me. (In fact, I think I remember recieving that exact same error message) Check to see if you have a battleback determined for the map you have the fight in. If there isn't a battleback, the battle camera script has issues. Now, this error occured for me while I was testing the game and not playing the actual game...but hey, programs and scripts are buggy in different ways. Try my battleback theory and let me know if it works or not. ;)

You can set the battleback of a map by right-clicking on the map and selecting map properties. Then go to Specify Battleback. Make sure it is checked and is set to your desired Battleback.

Good luck!

The Passive Lion
@PassiveLion
www.facebook.com/passivelion
passivelioncommunity@gmail.com

#5 Penguin

Penguin

♫♪ Fa la la la la... ♪♫

• Ace Member
  • 5 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

Wow... the problem was as small as that? It works now :P

Thank you!

#6 Zlain

Zlain

• Ace Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 04:07 PM

EDIT: NM I've decided to try working with the Victor animated system. Sorry to bother =/

Edited by Zlain, 02 June 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#7 The Passive Lion

The Passive Lion

• Ace Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSan Michelle
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:32 PM

EDIT: NM I've decided to try working with the Victor animated system. Sorry to bother =/

I understand and apologize for not being able to reply to your post in time. :(

I myself tried using Victor's Animated Battler system and as he states on his site and the script, it really isn't newbie friendly. That is ultimately why I ended up going with the Tankentai for Ace. And so I offer a word of caution.

If you still need help or assistance with your project, I will glady provide any tips and pass along the knowledge I have aquired over my time using RMVXA. ;)

Always looking to help,

The Passive Lion
@PassiveLion

Wow... the problem was as small as that? It works now :P

Thank you!

Glad I could help! Best of luck with your project! :D

The Passive Lion
@PassiveLion

#8 Zlain

Zlain

• Ace Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 12:33 AM

No problem man, and thanks for offering tips and advice. Gonna crash now though and start working on this fresh tomorrow ~_^

#9 The Passive Lion

The Passive Lion

• Ace Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSan Michelle
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:58 PM

bump.

Just curious if this will generate anymore interest...

Let me know! Posted Image

P.S. I'm always willing to help with any technical issues you guys may run in to. I'm getting a lot better with Eventing now as well.

#10 antega34

antega34

antega34

• Ace Member
  • 102 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

I'm just wondering if its possible to not make the background so zoomed in and pixelated. I like it better normal and not so zoomed in, only when attacking an enemy should the camera be zoomed in. Does this make sense? lol

#11 Daemonium

Daemonium

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 103 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 10 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

I want to add a pop-up message when an attack fails or is evaded, what do I need for it?

#12 checkerboardazn

checkerboardazn

• Ace Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:11 PM

I keep on getting an error that says:

Script 'エイリアス・再定義' line 1238: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'Update' for nil:NilClass

do you have any idea of whats wrong? Every time I go into a battle this pops up. ><

#13 Cecillia

Cecillia

Sweetheart

• Content Team
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationCafé Sonata
  • RM Skill - Artist

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:19 PM

For some reason when I make an attack it does some epic animation! I didnt even do anything or type anything but my chara just does an epic animation like they move towards the enemy and does some backflip! Can someone explain this?

"Be who you want to be, not what others want to see."

commission___cecilliabellelacroix__1_2__FhTGjd3.pngcommission___cecilliabellelacroix__2_2__

MMdOPhE.pngvDbed7K.pngmALd3Uf.pngPUyX563.png

#14 Ninjamida

Ninjamida

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 324 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:40 AM

Just for the record, you CAN use the click-shift-click method to select multiple files for export in the resource manager.

My project: Legends of an Otherworld: Curse of Saria (Download) (Forum Topic) (Official Facebook)
I'm not an artist or a particularly good story writer, so don't expect any custom graphics or an epic story. Mostly uses openly available resources or slight RTP edits. What you CAN expect is interesting and challenging battles that require more than just "herp derp ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK maybe a cure here and there ATTACK ATTACK ok you're dead". Uses an FFX-like battle system.

Any scripts I post are free for use, with credit given to me (Ninjamida), in any kind of project (including commercial), unless I explicitly state otherwise when I post it.
Please do not contact me privately with requests for new scripts. Post it in the forum and if I get to if first and I think it's within my capabilities, I might give it a shot. You are welcome to contact me for assistance with scripts that I've made and posted.
If I've helped you out in some way and you wanna pay me back... play my game and gimme some feedback! And Like the facebook page! xD
And if I've said I'll help you out then you don't hear back from me... PM me, there's always a chance I might've forgotten!

#15 The Passive Lion

The Passive Lion

• Ace Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSan Michelle
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:47 AM

Woah!

Seems I've gotten loads of feedback and requests from you guys! I'm very sorry for the delay in answering you all...it seems I haven't set up my e-mail notifications properly. No matter! I am here now and that is all that matters.

I'll do my best to address each of your problems, and stay tuned for a new guide that highlights how to add guns into Tankentai Ace!

I'm just wondering if its possible to not make the background so zoomed in and pixelated. I like it better normal and not so zoomed in, only when attacking an enemy should the camera be zoomed in. Does this make sense? lol

Okay...it sounds like to me that you don't have a battleback specified for the map, which would lead me to believe you don't have Tankentai for Ace installed since Tankentai makes it impossible for the game to run without a battleback.

However...if you do have Tankentai in, then there must be a different issue going on.

Do you think you could provide a picture of your problem? I could help you out a lot better then. If not, check your battleback settings under MAP PROPERTIES.

I want to add a pop-up message when an attack fails or is evaded, what do I need for it?

The ability to read Japanese. ;)

I'm assuming that you want to add this to Tankentai for Ace, and with Tankentai as it is, this can be difficult. I would reccommend using google translate to try and find out remotely where the pop-up message portions of the script are.

To be honest, I'm not the best scripter in the world but I've been pretty good at improvising. I'll take a look into this when I have the time.

Thanks for the heads up and the post! :D

#16 The Passive Lion

The Passive Lion

• Ace Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSan Michelle
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:53 AM

I keep on getting an error that says:

Script 'エイリアス・再定義' line 1238: NoMethodError occurred.
undefined method 'Update' for nil:NilClass

do you have any idea of whats wrong? Every time I go into a battle this pops up. ><

Go into that exact script and read me line 1238 exactly, or copy and paste it here. l'll compare it to mine, which is working, and I'll see if I can further diagnose your issue.

#17 The Passive Lion

The Passive Lion

• Ace Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSan Michelle
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:04 PM

For some reason when I make an attack it does some epic animation! I didnt even do anything or type anything but my chara just does an epic animation like they move towards the enemy and does some backflip! Can someone explain this?

This one is a little perplexing. Normally, the characters should flip when evading an enemies attack.

Now the only thing I can think of is somewhere you're attack line in the script has been modified (I have no idea why but technology is such a tricky little thing). I'll look into this a little more in a bit. Also, do you mean that you don't even give the actors the command to attack and they attack on their own or that when you give the command to attack, the flip in the general area of the enemy instead?

Just for the record, you CAN use the click-shift-click method to select multiple files for export in the resource manager.

Lol, I tried that first. I simply stated my method as such since everytime I try and do that on my comp, RPG Maker VX Ace crashes. Its probably just me though. At any rate, if it works for you and others, awesome! I wish I could be so lucky :( (or just have a functioning computer :P)

Okay!

I think that was everyone. Phew! Now to sit and stare at the screen until someone-

WAIT A MINUTE! :mellow: I've got a new guide to make...

:wacko:

#18 Cecillia

Cecillia

Sweetheart

• Content Team
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationCafé Sonata
  • RM Skill - Artist

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

I think that in some parts in the skill if you put a skill in a certain number then a certian animation appears because when I tried to use a healing move at like skill 200 or something all it did was fade to black then open a movie and Ididn't type any of that

"Be who you want to be, not what others want to see."

commission___cecilliabellelacroix__1_2__FhTGjd3.pngcommission___cecilliabellelacroix__2_2__

MMdOPhE.pngvDbed7K.pngmALd3Uf.pngPUyX563.png

#19 The Passive Lion

The Passive Lion

• Ace Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSan Michelle
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

I think that in some parts in the skill if you put a skill in a certain number then a certian animation appears because when I tried to use a healing move at like skill 200 or something all it did was fade to black then open a movie and Ididn't type any of that

Okay...it sounds to me like you're attempting to insert your own skills into Tankentai Ace. Tankentai is set to read skills 1-126 which can be viewed and modified under the Database. Skill 26 is a simple Heal command set to activate along with Animation 37.

If you are trying to make your own modified healing command (set a skill 200) then you would need to modify Tankentai's script in order to accomodate for this. If you would like me to go in further detail on this, I could however I would only be repeating the techniques I learned from rmxpfans post on this found here:

http://www.rpgmakerv...1300#entry31300

Hope this helps :)

Edited by The Passive Lion, 13 June 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#20 The Passive Lion

The Passive Lion

• Ace Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSan Michelle
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

Okay guys, here is the link to the whole gun addon thing. Took me a bit to remember how I accomplished this task but you'll find all that info over there.

Good luck!

http://www.rpgmakerv...ai-sbs-for-ace/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: passive lion, tankentai, rmxpfan, enu, guide, tutorial, english, video

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users