Photo

*THE TANKENTAI FOR ACE GUIDE/ERROR COLLECTION*

passive lion tankentai sbs add ons guns animated battlers sprites customization errors guide

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
143 replies to this topic

#1 The Passive Lion

The Passive Lion

Your friendly neighborhood...

• Ace Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSan Michelle
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

THE TANKENTAI FOR ACE GUIDE/ERROR COLLECTION

TANKENTAI FOR VX ACE created by: Enu

CURRENT VERSION: 100

COMMERCIAL USE: Available (click here for proof!)

Click here to download this script from Enu's Site!

****This page has been UPDATED as of January 18th, 2013****

(I TAKE NO CREDIT FOR Enu's Tankentai SBS for RMVXA and NEITHER DO I TAKE CREDIT FOR ANY OF THE USER'S GUIDES OR WORK THAT I LINK TO OR PRESENT IN THIS POST EXCEPT FOR, OF COURSE, MY OWN.)

Hello there curious developer!

You have just stumbled upon the Tankentai for Ace Guide/Error Collection! What does that mean? That means that this page will be updated to contain links to everything related to Tankentai for Ace errors and frequently asked questions, its customization capabilities, add ons, and more! Everyone give a big thank you to those crazy developers who spend the time to find the solutions to these tricky situations. This post is really a community creation, so make sure to stay active. Have an error to report? Post it here! Found a way to do something cool with the script? Post that here also! Just make sure you take a look through everything that exists already so that you know your info is new and relevant. I'll handle the rest with adding your info into the database.

So what are you waiting for? Get to developing! ;)

Your friendly neighborhood,

Passive Lion
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Still need to install Tankentai into your VX ACE project? Don't worry! There is a lovely guide complete with a video tutorial in the link just below!

How to Install Tankentai for VX ACE (Fully Functioning English Version, not translated):
Tutorial Creator: The Passive Lion

Just click on a link below and be re-directed to the exact post containing the information! Pretty neat huh? (Thanks to Mr. Bubble for showing me how to do this) All credits to Tut Creators in the spoilers.

Tankentai ADD-ONS and WORKAROUNDS:

How to Add Guns to Tankentai for Ace While Still Keeping Melee Weapons!

Spoiler

How to Add Skills to Tankentai for Ace! (Scroll to the bottom of the post!)
Spoiler

How to Add Transformations and Combos!
Spoiler

How to Equip Weapons to Charsets!
Spoiler

How to Add Holder's Battlers (or any battlers for that matter) into Tankentai!
Spoiler

How to Add Animated Battlers!
Spoiler

Yanfly Compatibility Patch Add-Ons
Spoiler

How to Customize and Edit Cut-In Graphics!
Spoiler

How to Put a Basic ATB System into Ver. 100
Spoiler

How to Extend the Battlebacks to see more of the Sky (Keep Scrolling Down to See ALL PARTS of Tutorial!)
Spoiler

Tankentai FAQ and Common Errors:

So I made a custom skill that makes the actor go towards the enemy and play a certain animation. The animation works but the damage won't appear. How do I fix this?
Click Here for the Answer!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Direct Quotation:

How do I make the Gun's attack faster? It seems too slow with the bullet speed and pause then return after the damage thing.

Can I change the speed of the character going towards the enemy?

How do I make my character run past the enemy like one of those samurai slashes?

Can I animate the enemies?

Can I have more than four party members?

Why does my animated enemy charset flip position or turn his back on my party when he has reached critical hp? Is there a fix for this?
There are currently two methods for solving this error:

Method 1

Method 2

Is it possible for me to add weapons to my animated battlers in Tankentai?

How to fix the "Script 'Battle_Camera' line 300: NoMethodError occurred. undefined method '*' for nil:NilClass" error:
This error will most likely occur if you are using Ver. 099 of Tankentai as the Battle Camera script remains separated in that one. At any rate, to fix this error, simply Specify your Battleback. To do this, right click on the map containing the battle and select MAP PROPERTIES, then check the box that says SPECIFY BATTLEBACK and then set it to your desired battleback. Do this for every map that contains a battle.

If you are using Ver. 100, the error may look like this:

Script Sideview line 3452: NoMethodError occured undefined method * for nil:Nilclass:
If this is the case, don't worry, the fix is still the same! So get to specifying those Battlebacks!

How to fix the "Script 'Sideview' line 1517: NoMethodError occured undefined method 'frame_max' for nil:NilClass" error:
This error occurs when you have not properly copied and pasted the animations.rvdata2 file from Tankentai's Data folder into YOUR PROJECT's Data folder. If you are using Ver. 100 of Tankentai for Ace, this method will not work. Instead, you need to use Ver. 099's animations.rvdata2 file. Here is a link to where you can download only this file for use in solving this error:
Click Here to Download the Ver. 099 animations.rvdata2 File!

But I COPIED and REPLACED the file in my own project and I still receive this error every time someone uses magic or a skill! What do I do?
Don't give up! There is still hope! You can try VenomTDA's method of solving this error.

Is Tankentai for Ace available for commercial use?
The answer is currently unknown. No one knows for 100% sure but recent evidence suggests that Tankentai may be in fact available for commercial use. Want to learn more about this "recent evidence?" Check it out and join the discussion by clicking on the link below!

[RMVXA] Tankentai Commercial Use Status (Have our questions been answered!?)

I just added a new weapon type into the database and I wanted that specific weapon type to have the same animation as sword weapons. When I make my character with the new weapon type attack, it doesn't move at all. Is there a way to fix this?

What happened to my battle transitions? Why does it just cut to a battle instead of fading and such?
There are two solutions to this:

A) Eliminate the last script out of the Tankentai for Ace line-up (only recommended if you are using Ver. 099) or

B) Remove this section from the テストプレイ高速化 script or the last script of the Tankentai Engine:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# ● 戦闘前トランジション実行
def perform_battle_transition
Graphics.transition(2, "Graphics/System/BattleStart", 100)
Graphics.freeze
end

Once it is removed, your battle transitions should be back to normal. Credit to: Miltix for this fix.

When I create new skills, it plays the wrong animation. Is there a solution?

Why is the number 001 Monster (Slime) playing the wrong animation?

My weapons don't match with my sprites! Their animations are below my actors hands! How do I fix this? (i.e. How do I adjust the position/orientation of weapons)

When ever the actor attacks, the HP automatically shifts down but then returns and stays the same. How do I fix this?

*Think something should be added to one of these lists? Contact The Passive Lion and let him know!*

Edited by The Passive Lion, 18 January 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#2 VenomTDA

VenomTDA

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 213 posts
  • LocationRomania
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 26 June 2012 - 04:45 AM

I want to start by thanking Enu, for the script, The Passive Lion for the tutorial and rmxpfan for the pictures and information about how to add new things to tankentai.

It has been brought to my atention that people have a hard time folowing this, and now, after i looked trough it a little, i can see that it is somewhat a mess. I edited this post in hopes that this way it can be more easy to understand ( that, and the fact that i wanted to remove some things that were no longer necesary ).
Like usual, first i'll go over the gun adding thing. I will place most of the stuff in spoilers.

Adding guns :

The first modifications take place in the script SideViewアクション設定 Ver100 ( don't mind the version, it works with any other ).
First Step
Spoiler

Second Step
Spoiler

Third Step
Spoiler

Fourth Step
Spoiler

Fifth Step
Spoiler

The last modification takes place in this script SideViewバトラー設定 Ver100 ( again, ignore the version number ).

Final Step
Spoiler

Adding Skills :

Now i will show you how to make a skill based on the ones Enu created. This is for begginers, but if you can understand this, you will be able to create your own lines and make your own unique skills. Take this as a starting point for creating your own unique skills. As you are making this try and understand what each of those lines do, and why. Use a translator ( google ) to understand better ( i know it's a bad translation, but it helps ).

First Step :
Spoiler

Step Two :
Spoiler

Third Step :
Spoiler

Extra :
Spoiler

And that's all i know right now, hope it helps those of you who use Tankentai.

Edited by VenomTDA, 07 September 2012 - 07:16 AM.

3hNQ9Jf.pnge0l5Zle.png

05z9zBa.pngFdlq6er.gif

#3 The Passive Lion

The Passive Lion

• Ace Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSan Michelle
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:15 PM

VentomTDA,

Thank you so much for your help and contribution. I have been confused for ages since posting this and you have done an excellent job in finding this out and posting it to help the community. Don't feel bad about posting this here without my permission because honestly, you don't need it. Anything that furthers the community in this way is perfectly fine to post here.

However, what I need to ask permission for is this: could I perhaps make my next video tutorial about your post here? Of course I will give you proper full credit and reference and links back to this post and your contribution.

Again, thank you so much! Keep on game making!

-Passive Lion

#4 VenomTDA

VenomTDA

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 213 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:03 AM

It's me again. I played around with the script a little and i was thinking to share the things i found with the community. To honest it's not such a big discovery, it's more a quick tutorial on how to use and create 2 moves from the script. Those are the transformation( in wolf by default in the script) and the combo system( one attack plus the weapon trow by default).

Let's start with the transformation. I'm a big fan of the Fairy Tail anime( and a very big fan of Erza Scarlet ), so i had this in mind when i started testing the transformation skill.
First scroll down to line 483( in my script), here is the picture:
Attached File  Transform.PNG   209.3KB   304 downloads
There are 2 lines in here, the first one is the wolf transformation line, the one used by the skill to transform in wolf.
The second is this one:
"Transform" => ["change", false, 0, "Actor4", [0, "Actor4"]],
Now, you can just change the first one and do your transformation how you like it, but, i like using new ones. This way i can see the original settings and if something goes wrong with the script i can always delete the lines i added and just undo the damage.
This line here is used to change the graphics of an actor with another( or as the script states it with a battler if you want to, i have not tested this ). "Change" has to be present in every line, the "false" is there to prevent the transformation from staying after battle, 0 and "Actor 4" tells the line where to look for the sprite( Actor 4 has 8 sprites so 0 is the first one and 7 the last one), the next 0 and "Actor 4" represents the actors face( this is optional, if you want to keep the face of your actor just place that in there ex: my actor is named Venom and so is faceset so i place 0 and Venom).
Now you just created the transformation, but alone it does nothing. Now scroll down to the skills section( around 900 for me) and add this:
"Super" => ["特技発動","anime(110,false)","Transform","Common 2","待機固定","120","座標リセット"],
This is the new transformation skill that we created. Note that you can make some changes in here as well( it's a little diferent from the original transformation skill, i know, but i'll explain it in a moment).
"特技発動" - this is the activate skill animation, if you like you should use this in every animation you make.
"anime(110,false)"- this is the animation played for the skill, it's exactly number 110 animation from the database. Not exactly sure what false does(so i left it like the original)
"Transform"- is the line that we created before, basically now the skill will transform the player in wath you have chosen
"Common 2"- is a call for a common event, this does not need to be here if you don't want it, but i'll explain a later what it does and why is here.
"待機固定"- Now this means something like stand still
"120"- this i think it represents a number of frames. I think that this has to be here after a command like stand still( i need to experiment and see) to actually play the animation.
"座標リセット"- It means something like reset, or go back to starting position, you need to have this in a skill so you don't actually find yourself standing in the middle of the screen after your actor executes a comand( but there are some exceptions where you will not want this as seen later).
Now that you have all this, you need to add the skill to the list, if you don't remeber how, you need to go on the second script to line 330 or so and add something like this:
when 191
return "Super"
191- is the skill number in the database( you don't need to use this one, this is how manny skills i have so i don't have a choice)
"Super"- is the name of the skill from before, just make sure it matches the name of the skill you make if you used your own name.
Right now we have a skill that transforms your actor in actor 4, while it's nice, and you should test this out, it's really not that big deal.
This skill has a flaw, or i don't know how to set it up the right way, if you want to add any effect in the database to take effect with the skill activation, you can, but they will never activate. I don't know why but dose'nt matter what effects you add, states or skills they will never activate. All this does is transform you in another actor.
So, i've been looking a way to solve this, as i said i'm big Fairy Tail fan, i want my characters when they transform to become diferent in looks but in skill and maybe status to.
I found that this script let's you call a common event( i think most off them let you do this, i don't know as is my first time using a common event) so i created a new one and added it to the skill.
Let's create a common event, go to line 690 in the first script :
Attached File  Common.PNG   211.9KB   247 downloads
And add this as a second line:
"Common 2" => ["common", 2, true],
The first line coresponds to the first common event and does nothing right now, it's just for show, but i left her there and made my own.
"Common 2"- represents the name of the common event, you need this to be placed in a skill to take effect( look up to see how).
"common"- I'm guessing that this represents the type of event, i don't know if it suports global or another type.
2- the number off the common event used from the database
true- the translator says it's looking for the action of that common event and aplies the effect if true
Now go to the database and make a state, that does exactly what you would like to do the transformation( ex: adds fire damage, gain some skills, seal some skills, increase max hp or anything you can think, then set the state to last untill the battle ends) just a small note, do not make any of this available in the common event himself, if you do that those skills will stay with you after the battle, but if you use a state, it will just remove at the battle end.
Go to Common event 2( or what number you used) and place that state to the player that has the transformation( it's true that this metod limits the transformation skill to one actor and if you want them all to have a transformation skill you need to create 4 transformation skills and 4 states, but let's face it, chances are you don't want the same transformation for all of them anyway), (ex: Venom add state Super).
Leave the trigger to none and name it how ever you want.
One more thing. If you followed the tutorial on how to instal tankentai then you don't need to worry about this. If you remember at some point in the tutorial you had to change a line in the script, it was giving an error if your actors died and you did not had the graphics for the dead state, but if you decided to keep that and make yourself a dead state for it to use, you need to do th same with the transformations, otherwise you will get the same error.

About the combos system, it's very nice and you can do all sorts of things with it, but can be easily broken by not placing the right command where it needs to be.
For this one you need to create 2 actions like here:
Attached File  Combo.PNG   228.8KB   138 downloads
And the actions are:
"Combo" => ["Jump","多段攻撃に派生","コラプス禁止","5回攻撃","コラプス禁止解除"],

"Jump" => ["特技発動","Bow1","一歩前ジャンプ","叩き付け前ジャンプ",
"待機固定","左1回転","10","anime(117,false)","叩き付け",
"対象アニメ","シェイク中","強制","縦揺れ","20",
"一歩後ジャンプ"],

After this go to script 2 and add the skill combo to the list so it will return here. You don't need to add Jump to the list( and it's better if you don't, the skill by himself is actually broken, it was made for the combo only).

The Jump action is actually a copy of the original with one word less. I removed the "座標リセット" from it wich tells the actor to go back to it's original position after the move is done.
This combo is formed from the skills Jump, and "5回攻撃", so, it first jumps to the enemy, slams down dealing damage and( it it was the original jump the "座標リセット"would have told him to return to original position and play the next skill, but i wanted to stay there and perform the skill from that position, that's why i removed that line) after that performing the 5 slashes from the "5回攻撃" skill and only after both returning to the original position.

By copying these you can use the skill, and if you used it you know that some of those moves don't exactly look so great, but keep in mind that this was made with actions created to be used alone, so they don't work so great if you chain them. For this to look nice you need to create your actions in a way that they can have a flow of a combo. Right now let's use this and see how is done.

The first one is "Jump", that calls all the commands in the "Jump" action and executes them.
"多段攻撃に派生"- this one is a little tricky, you have to place this between the 2 actions that you want to chain. If you have 3 actions in a combo you need to have 2 of these.
"コラプス禁止"- this does not have to be here if you are using 1 hit chain actions, but if you are using an action with multiple hits, you need to place this before the action. This does not let your target to die until the action is over. If this would not be here the script would play the action and if your target dies from 1 hit or second or so on, the action would continue even if you have no target, and it looks bad.
"5回攻撃"- This is the original comand of the 5 hit action made by Enu
"コラプス禁止解除"- this does not have to be here, but if u used the "コラプス禁止" wich makes the target imortal, you need to have this a the end of the multi hit action.
Keep in mind that you should have the last action made with return to original position command "座標リセット" so that you don't find yourself left in the middle of the screen.
That's about it, i covered almost all skills, the ones left are those with movies and cut-ins that i will not do, i'm not a fan of those.
So unless someone has some errors or questions this is the end of this for now.
I hope i could help you all and see you later.

Edited by VenomTDA, 27 June 2012 - 12:16 PM.

3hNQ9Jf.pnge0l5Zle.png

05z9zBa.pngFdlq6er.gif

#5 Paxtrio

Paxtrio

• Ace Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:10 PM

I keep getting a error on VenomTDA gun Script on Tankentai 1 line 136 it says unexpect tString _BEG, expecting '}' please help

#6 VenomTDA

VenomTDA

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 213 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

First, it's not my script, it's Enu's.
That line must be from the "GunPoint" if our scripts match in line. I think that you forgot to add something to a line, a symbol or somthing.
The upper line is the "GunShot" line. I tried to replicate your error, and i only got this error when i removed the , from this line.
Go to the "GunShot" line and add , at the end, or here it is if you want to copy it:
"GunShot" => ["motion", "", 1, 0, 1, 2, 200,false, true, "Gun"],
Tell me if it's solved or not. try to be carefull, any missing symboll can cause errors.

Edited by VenomTDA, 30 June 2012 - 01:50 PM.

3hNQ9Jf.pnge0l5Zle.png

05z9zBa.pngFdlq6er.gif

#7 Miltix

Miltix

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

So I made a custom skill that makes the actor go towards the enemy and play a certain animation. The animation works but the damage won't appear. So I'm forced to use the "attack" shortcut thingy but I don't want the animations that comes with it. Please help. This thing is actually easier than Victor's IMO. And it has a camera add-on.

Here's the code so you'll understand it better:
"Ice" => ["特技発動","コラプス禁止","弓除外","敵前移動","anime(61,false)","攻撃","コラプス禁止解除","座標リセット"],

Edited by Miltix, 12 July 2012 - 08:26 AM.

#8 VenomTDA

VenomTDA

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 213 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 12 July 2012 - 01:34 PM

Yes, i had that problem a long time ago. The solution is realy simple to be honest. I can't post any pictures anymore so you will have to make this yourself by doing what i say.

There is a part in the first tankentai script like this( around line 270 for me, but i bet it's diferent then yours) :

# ● 戦闘アニメ データベースの戦闘アニメを表示します
# ID…アニメID。-1で武器に設定されたアニメに -2は二刀流のもう片方の武器アニメに
# -3でスキルに設定されたアニメに
# 対象…[0=自分] [1=ターゲット] [2=敵全] [3=味方全] [4=敵味方全] [5=セカンドターゲット]
# ホーミング… 対象の座標移動にアニメが追尾するならtrue
# ウエイト…アニメ表示が終わるまで待つならtrue
# ダメージ…ダメージ計算を適用するならtrue
# カメラ…カメラのズームに合わせてアニメを拡大縮小するならtrue
# 反転不可…いかなる場合でもアニメを反転させないならtrue
# 反転…アニメを反転させるならtrue
# Z軸…アニメをキャラより手前に表示するならtrue

#―アクション名(ダメージ系)― 判別 ID 対象 ホーミング ウエイト ダメージ カメラ 反転不可 反転 Z軸
"対象アニメ武器" => ["anime", -1, 1, false, false, true, true, false, false, true],
"対象アニメ武器WT" => ["anime", -1, 1, false, true, true, true, false, false, true],
"対象アニメ武器LWT" => ["anime", -2, 1, false, true, true, true, false, false, true],
"対象アニメ" => ["anime", -3, 1, false, false, true, true, false, false, true],
"対象アニメWT" => ["anime", -3, 1, false, true, true, true, false, false, true],
"Damage" => ["anime", 0, 1, false, false, true, true, false, false, true],

The last line, named "Damage" is made by me. This actually plays an animation( that you will not see) on target and inserts damage, so you can use it with any skill you create, just use this after an animation.

So the first step is simple, just copy that line in the right spot.

Your skill as far as i can understand is simply move to target, use ice, damage, return to normal.

I think you used a few comands that you don't realy need, so i tried change it to something more easy.

You used the prohibit colapse, because you did not wanted to wait for the animation, so you can have the slash from the normal atack. Now you don't need that, so you can change the animation to wait, and after the animation the damage takes place.

Here is my version of your skill, i hope this helps:

"Ice" => ["特技発動","敵前移動","武器振りR","anime(61,true)","Damage","座標リセット"],

I also used "武器振りR" before the animation, i basicaly let's you see the weapon before the animation starts.

Now, with that "damage" thing you can do a lot of things, like a multi hitting tornado, or a multi hit fire pillar, or something, but it's a little harder.

First your animation would have to have more frames and look something like this:

"Ice" => ["特技発動","敵前移動","コラプス禁止","anime(62,false)","待機固定WT","武器振りR","4","Damage",

"待機固定WT","武器振りR","10","Damage","待機固定WT","20","コラプス禁止解除","座標リセット"],

I used ice 2 animation for this one, not the best but hey, it's a test only.

The first thing you notice is that i place the animation wait time to false, i did that so we can play the damage animations in the proces of that animation. If you set an animation to false you need to place fixed wait("待機固定WT") after it, if you do not, it will wait untill all the comands after the animation are complete and the return to original even if the animation still has frames to play, and yes, you need to place this before each of the damage comands and after the last one( unless the last one is exactly at the final moment of the animation).

The "number here" represent the number of frames to wait( it's funny ut in this case this works diferent, it is actualy the number of the frame in the animation that plays, so if you set "4" and "10", like i did, it will actually have a damage popup in the frame 4 and 10 of the animation( i might be wrong, but keep in mind this is still in tests, i can't say for sure that it will work so perfect), and at the end i place "20" beacuse the animation has 20 frames.

The "武器振りR" is optional and you must place it after the animation, but to be honest it looks funny, and you might not want to use it at all for multi hitting unless, you use it after each hit and there is a duration of 5-6 frames after each damage, it's your choice.
If you are using multi hit animations remember to use no colapse("コラプス禁止") and activate colapse("コラプス禁止解除") like you did in your original skill. If you don't use these, your enemie might die from the first hit( if you are way to strong) but the animation continues, and looks strange. One more thing, don't use multi hitting with someone that has kill on items or from traits(like my assassin, but i had to remove it), it will kill any target in first hit because he's kill trait negates the no colapse on enemies, sorry but i don't know a way around it.

Please let me know if it works, i might have forgotten something as i'm in a hurry now and don't have much time, sorry for this, but if it dose'nt work i'll fix it when i get home.

3hNQ9Jf.pnge0l5Zle.png

05z9zBa.pngFdlq6er.gif

#9 Miltix

Miltix

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

GENIUS! Thanks alot!

Oh, by the way, do people need to use Applocale to play my game if I use Tankentai?

Edited by Miltix, 13 July 2012 - 06:07 AM.

#10 VenomTDA

VenomTDA

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 213 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:02 AM

I'm glad i could help.
I don't know what Applocale is, but i do know that if you compress your game data, and you include RTP resources they don't need anything to play it, exept a copy of your game of course :).
Tankentai is not diferent from other scripts, it's just in japanesse.

3hNQ9Jf.pnge0l5Zle.png

05z9zBa.pngFdlq6er.gif

#11 Miltix

Miltix

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 07:54 AM

AppLocale is a program that lets people not using a Japanese System Locale run programs that need it. And how do I make battle transitions appear?

#12 VenomTDA

VenomTDA

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 213 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

I have no i deea about battle transitions, there might be in the script an option somewhere, but i never searched for it and if there is
none, then just use another script, it must be one in the complete script section.

3hNQ9Jf.pnge0l5Zle.png

05z9zBa.pngFdlq6er.gif

#13 Paxtrio

Paxtrio

• Ace Member
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:42 PM

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you for a while no the new gunshot line you gave me earlier in June didn't work every time I try to put something different in just to experiment it keeps saying there is a problem with line 136 or some different line that it doesn't usually mention.

#14 VenomTDA

VenomTDA

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 213 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:54 AM

Sorry to hear about that, but i don't think it's a problem from the script. Try and install it again on a new project, with no other scripts installed and folowing all the steps again, i know it's a pain, but sometimes this solves most of the problems. If it still dose not work post back and i'll se if i can find something about it.

3hNQ9Jf.pnge0l5Zle.png

05z9zBa.pngFdlq6er.gif

#15 Arctic Fox

Arctic Fox

A Malevolent Lone Fox

• Ace Member
  • 130 posts
  • LocationOn a hill under a tree :D
  • RM Skill - Artist

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:54 AM

Just thought I should share this with the new info.
Thanks to Vemon, I've figured out how to equip a weapon to a charset.

# ● エネミー右手武器 エネミーにも装備武器をID指定します
  def enemy_weapon1_id
	case id
	when -1 # 1番のエネミー(エネミーはIDをマイナスにすることで分岐させます)
	  return 10 # 武器IDを指定。0番は素手扱いです
	when -36
	  return 65
	else
	  return 0
	end
  end
  #---------

ok, find this line under your second sideview script
It's around line 227.
All you do is put in the case id for you enemy charset
mines -36 (all enemies are negs)
then go under and type return x
x is the number the weapon is, in your weapon database :).
and viola. Enemy charsets with weapons.

Also I got two things, I'm working on right now. One is getting this compatible with yanfly battle engine, and the other is the atb. So what I want is to turn off tanketai's damage popup (which i know how to do) however, I get a double attack animation when i do a normal attack or cast magic, everything is double. I also want to use the critical flash script with this cause it's much cooler. But Tankentai overrides it. Also For some reason the atb fills for my main character and makes the game loop. (I can only attack over and over as the main character, the enemy doesn't even attack) Any help will be appreciated :)

Edited by Arctic Fox, 29 July 2012 - 01:07 PM.

#16 VenomTDA

VenomTDA

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 213 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

Nice Arctic Fox, i'm sure someone might need that information. I had the yanfly battle engine at first ( i used victor's animated battlers before tankentai, so i used yanfly with it ) and if i remember corectly i removed the double animations with the <one animation> tag from yanfly script( i placed it in every skill that i had ) , then again i can't quite remember, you will have to try this and see. The damage pop up can be removed easily just how you said, the critical flash skill, i don't know, i never used it, so i can't help you there, Now, for the ATB part, i also wanted ATB in my game, but back then i never got it to work with tankentai, maybe i'll try to look in to it in the morning ( i hope i have learned something by now that will help me understand that script better ) , now is late and i need to catch some Zzzzz , but you might find out something before me so keep up the good work and feel free to share with us any useful info.

3hNQ9Jf.pnge0l5Zle.png

05z9zBa.pngFdlq6er.gif

#17 Arctic Fox

Arctic Fox

A Malevolent Lone Fox

• Ace Member
  • 130 posts
  • LocationOn a hill under a tree :D
  • RM Skill - Artist

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:25 PM

Nice Arctic Fox, i'm sure someone might need that information. I had the yanfly battle engine at first ( i used victor's animated battlers before tankentai, so i used yanfly with it ) and if i remember corectly i removed the double animations with the <one animation> tag from yanfly script( i placed it in every skill that i had ) , then again i can't quite remember, you will have to try this and see. The damage pop up can be removed easily just how you said, the critical flash skill, i don't know, i never used it, so i can't help you there, Now, for the ATB part, i also wanted ATB in my game, but back then i never got it to work with tankentai, maybe i'll try to look in to it in the morning ( i hope i have learned something by now that will help me understand that script better ) , now is late and i need to catch some Zzzzz , but you might find out something before me so keep up the good work and feel free to share with us any useful info.

Thanks,. Yeah, It looks pretty spiffy. I'll look into this. I've not been able to get atb to work with Victor's animated battlers to work either. I'll try some things to add the critical flash to it. I've learn more things this week than 1 month at college. lol. It's 6:24 pm here, I still got some time, so I'll check it out and see what I can do. If i find a solution, I'll repost it

#18 The Passive Lion

The Passive Lion

• Ace Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationSan Michelle
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

Thanks,. Yeah, It looks pretty spiffy. I'll look into this. I've not been able to get atb to work with Victor's animated battlers to work either. I'll try some things to add the critical flash to it. I've learn more things this week than 1 month at college. lol. It's 6:24 pm here, I still got some time, so I'll check it out and see what I can do. If i find a solution, I'll repost it

You guys are awesome! I love seeing the community alive and working together. Keep up the awesome work. ;)

#19 Miltix

Miltix

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 12:36 AM

How do I make the Gun's attack faster? It seems too slow with the bullet speed and pause then return after the damage thing.

Can I change the speed of the character going towards the enemy?

How do I make my character run past the enemy like one of those samurai slashes?

Can I animate the enemies?

Can I have more than four party members?

Edited by Miltix, 31 July 2012 - 03:05 AM.

#20 VenomTDA

VenomTDA

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 213 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:46 AM

I don't really know what you want from the gun, you want the bullet to move faster, you want it never to show, just the animation of the bullet hitting target, or just to speed up things in the animation, you will have to be more precise.

Yes you can, go to line 170 in the first script ( or around there, might be different for you ), and google translate, you will find all the move settings and more. To change the speed all you need to do is change a simple setting, here is an exemple :

"敵前移動" => ["move", 1, 30, 0, 0,-20, 0, [ 0, 0], "左向き移動"],

This line translates ( by google ) in move in the presence of the enemy, to change the speed of a character moving all you need to change is the -20 thing,
You can do something like this :

"敵前移動" => ["move", 1, 30, 0, 0, 20, 0, [ 0, 0], "左向き移動"],

or experiment and find the one that you want ( try and change these on a separate project, you will change all the move settings if you change here, except the ones custom made by you as you will see later ).

What you want is a custom skill. I managed to make one, but keep in mind i used the animation of a normal slash and it dose not look so good, you will use your own and it will look much better. You should go here ( wich is the same place where i sent you before to change the move animation speed ):

#――アクション名(目標系)―― 判別 目標 X軸 Y軸 H軸 速度 カーブ ジャンプ アニメ
"敵前移動" => ["move", 1, 30, 0, 0,-20, 0, [ 0, 0], "左向き移動"],
"敵後移動" => ["move", 1, -60, 0, 0,-20, 0, [ 0, 0], "左向き移動"],
"敵中移動早" => ["move", 1, 0, 0, 0,-10, 0, [ 0, 0], "左向き移動"],
"叩き付け前ジャンプ" => ["move",-1, 0, 0, 100,-20, 0, [ 40,-20], "武器掲げ"],
"叩き付け" => ["move",-1, 0, 0, 0,-10, 0, [ 0, 0], "武器振りR"],
"MoveInFront" => ["move", 1, 40, -20, 0,-20, 0, [ 0, 0], "左向き移動"],
"MoveInBack" => ["move", 1, -80, -20, 0, 20, 0, [ 0, 0], "左向き移動"],

The last lines where made by me. These are move commands that i used for the skill, copy them to your script ( after you see the skill in action you can mess around with them, with the animation speed or whatever, but for now leave them like so ).

Now, i'm assuming that you know how to make custom skills ( if you don't, just look up and read some posts ) so i'm just going to give you the line for the skill, just place it after all the other custom skill and remember to set it to the second skill so you can have it in the database, so here is the line:

"Samurai Cut" => ["特技発動","MoveInFront","anime(7,false)",
"武器振りR","4","MoveInBack","武器振りR","6","Damage","座標リセット"],

I tried to keep it as simple as possible, move to enemy, play animation ( here is the part where you will need to change, make a custom animation in the database, i think it will also look better if you leave the first 2 or 3 frames free so the character can have time to move on the other side, but that can change based on what animation you create, after you do that just change the "7" with the number of your animation from the database, leave the "false", it needs to be there for the move to function the right way ), show weapon before the start of movement, the movement, and show weapon again to leave the impression of a samurai slash, then return back to normal position.
I hope based on this you can make your own.

For the animated battlers part, it has been solved, you can look here:
http://www.rpgmakerv...ankentai-error/

Outside of battle you can have more then 4 party members, you can change them with formation to have them apear in battles, in battle however, i don't know if you can have more then 4, i've never seen someone until now with more so i'm guessing you can't, but don't take my word for it, maybe someone knows more.

3hNQ9Jf.pnge0l5Zle.png

05z9zBa.pngFdlq6er.gif

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: passive lion, tankentai, sbs, add ons, guns, animated battlers, sprites, customization, errors, guide

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users