• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 milk

milk

• Ace Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:52 AM

Hello,
Basically need a script when the animation is playing, you can specify which animation frames will cause "damage"(and the damage value will show) rather than the default system where all damage numbers are at the end of the animation. I remember seeing a similar request, but it never got answered.

Notes:
I'm using Yanfly's Battle system, but I'm willing to drop it if it's (way) more easier to make for the default front-view battle system.
Thanks in advance.

Edited by milk, 07 July 2012 - 04:49 AM.

#2 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 6,347 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:40 AM

How would you describe a "hit"? The default engine doesn't have damage values pop up or anything.
My Scripts. Go here for Bugs and Requests.
Want to write a tutorial? Submit a community tutorial!

himeworks011.png

Like on Facebook: HimeWorks
Follow me on Twitter for the latest updates! @HimeWorks

#3 milk

milk

• Ace Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

In this case, when the damage formula is applied. For example:
I create a fire animation, and it has 10 frames. On frames 6&7 that's where I want the "hits" to apply. I can tag the spell with <hit: 6, 7>in the skill database therefore, when animation frame reaches 6&7 in battle, the battle formula is applied and shows the damage being dealt on the current frame.
Hopefully that clears it up alittle more.

#4 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 6,347 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:04 PM

When you specify two numbers, does that mean two hits should occur?

For example, suppose I was using a battle system that provided numbers popping up over the target when it gets hit.

If I say <hit: 3, 8, 13, 20>, then 4 numbers should pop up?

For the default engine, I would consider doing two things

1: have the enemy sprite blink at those specific frames
2: have the battle log display the damage count at those specific frames

Edited by Tsukihime, 06 July 2012 - 12:05 PM.

My Scripts. Go here for Bugs and Requests.
Want to write a tutorial? Submit a community tutorial!

himeworks011.png

Like on Facebook: HimeWorks
Follow me on Twitter for the latest updates! @HimeWorks

#5 milk

milk

• Ace Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

Yes, you are right, that would be 4 hits, and the numbers would pop up to the corresponding frames. And I'm using Yanfly's Battle System.(not sure if that's what you were saying when you ment "default engine")

#6 O.P. Wilkituska

O.P. Wilkituska

The Lethal Washing Machine

• Ace Member
  • 190 posts
  • LocationSpain (Europe)
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:36 AM

Yes, you are right, that would be 4 hits, and the numbers would pop up to the corresponding frames. And I'm using Yanfly's Battle System.(not sure if that's what you were saying when you ment "default engine")

There isn't any pop up in the default battle system, since it's log based. You should have said that you're using yanfly's script in the first post, because you're asking for an add-on then. And, by the way, that's harder to make.
Banner.png

#7 milk

milk

• Ace Member
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:46 AM

There isn't any pop up in the default battle system, since it's log based. You should have said that you're using yanfly's script in the first post, because you're asking for an add-on then. And, by the way, that's harder to make.

Well, I can drop Yanfly's battle system for what I'm talking about if it's easier for the default battle system. I should probably change "damage pop" to "damage display".

Edited by milk, 07 July 2012 - 04:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users