Tankentai VX Ace

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Dalrus

Dalrus

• Ace Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

I would love a Tankentai VX Ace version!
Jet did a great job on his SBS but If some1 else could implement to be more like tankentai on vx, that would be epic!
Thanks

#2 Victor Sant

Victor Sant

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 778 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:00 PM

Let's be realist: unless the original author make this, you probably won't get it.
Tankentai may be loved by the users, but it's very poorly coded, and most skilled scripters want to stay away from it.
I doubt any scripter with enough skill to do this conversion, would really do.
Wait for something better, there is already scripters working on systems far better than tanketai.

Also even if someone decides to do this, it would take days, even weeks, due to the messy tankentai code. I know what i'm talking about, since i converted it to XP. I loved it before working on it's code, and now a totally hate it.

Edited by Victor Sant, 08 January 2012 - 12:13 PM.

Posted Image

#3 A.

A.

Banned - indefinitely

• Banned
  • 474 posts
  • Location(From) -> Beverly Hills, LA
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 30 December 2011 - 05:21 PM

I really dont want to se this for VX ace. I like the newer Side views better then this old one. I think we should move forward :D
Games I have going:
  • War of the Souls Currently: Chapter Two has begun
Sites I own:
  • Adam Balan Home to: BLACKANDWHITE, Games and Labs
Social Networks:
  • Stalk me on Twitter
  • Forums: RRR

#4 livingdeadman

livingdeadman

Unknown

• Ace Member
  • 21 posts
  • LocationKansas City, USA
  • RM Skill - Artist

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:05 PM

The only thing I would like to see as far as the sideview battle system goes is when your characters attack, it actually shows the weapon they have equipped being used...
Logic can take you from A to B.
Imagination can take you everywhere!

Posted Image http://cobbtocs.co.uk/wp/?paged=5

#5 Victor Sant

Victor Sant

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 778 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 02 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

The only thing I would like to see as far as the sideview battle system goes is when your characters attack, it actually shows the weapon they have equipped being used...

Yanfly Egine melody from VX have this feature, and is FAR better than tankentai, and YF surely is goigo to make a battle system with this feature on ace.

Posted Image

#6 livingdeadman

livingdeadman

Unknown

• Ace Member
  • 21 posts
  • LocationKansas City, USA
  • RM Skill - Artist

Posted 04 January 2012 - 08:13 AM

Yanfly Egine melody from VX have this feature, and is FAR better than tankentai, and YF surely is goigo to make a battle system with this feature on ace.

Excellent, I await patiently for this, until then ive just reverted back to the default frontview system as its more to my liking for the time being. Btw Victor I must tell you that ive found myself using quite a few of your scripts, your quite the coder. Also with that being said, ive noticed a few compatibility issues between some of your scripts and YF's. I hope that when the day comes for the arrival of his sideview system, it wont interfere...

Edited by livingdeadman, 04 January 2012 - 08:17 AM.

Logic can take you from A to B.
Imagination can take you everywhere!

Posted Image http://cobbtocs.co.uk/wp/?paged=5

#7 Kite

Kite

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 63 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 07 January 2012 - 02:51 PM

wish I were a scripter to do some nice things,but I'm just an rpg maker lover,so...there's not much I can do,but I can still cheer! :D
lol

#8 YF

YF

(。´◕ ‿‿ ◕`。)

• Ace Member
  • 187 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 07 January 2012 - 05:58 PM

Sorry, but I'm going to have to say that not transferring Tankentai to Ace is one of the nicer things that scripters are doing.

#9 ShinGamix

ShinGamix

delinquent but not a law-breaker

• April Fool Group- gotcha
  • PipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationAlien Ship
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:27 PM

Yanfly can you at least make an interactive side-view option for YEA? or maybe even a Chrono Trigger Battle System> I need something besides the dam default dragon quest battle view.
and never really got into Tankentai but YEM kicked all azzes!

The Topic of Battle Dungeons!!

sg_bar10.png

userlo10.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users