#1 Balthier99

Balthier99

The Leading Man

• Ace Member
  • 185 posts
  • LocationRio de Janeiro, Brazil
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 31 December 2011 - 10:33 AM

Hi everyone from RPG Maker VX Ace Community!

Ace was finally released, and the battle mechanics from its precessor continued quite the same. We still don't have total control over an enemy's skill list. We can still set an enemy healer to use "Cure" when his HP is below 50%, but what if his enemy companion, a mage with no healing skills, is in the same HP range? The healer is a complete fool and only heals himself. And what more, if that same mage has acess to the skills "Fire" and "Ice", and the character (his enemy), is weak against Ice and resistant to Fire, the Mage insists on using Fire.

What I wanted was a Script that could make the AI of enemies a little... smarter. If an enemy has the skills to heal another, do so. In a skill list with equivalent skills but from different elements, use the one that most affect your target. Don't use "Silence" or "Sleep" on someone immune to it (I have already seen that happen on Test Battles on Ace). On the bottom line, I'd like a more dinamic AI system for enemies.

If someone could read my story and/or help with my request, I'd be very glad.

Sorry for my foreigner english.
Check my Project, Arelron, on the development Section. You won't regret it! And, please, give some feedback if you can! (Now also on RMN!)

#2 Balthier99

Balthier99

The Leading Man

• Ace Member
  • 185 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 03:53 PM

Anyone? Is there something wrong? Are my explanation incomplete?
Check my Project, Arelron, on the development Section. You won't regret it! And, please, give some feedback if you can! (Now also on RMN!)

#3 Lowell Richards

Lowell Richards

The Walking Atelier

• Ace Member
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:43 PM

You can probably achieve these affects with the script found below. You may have to learn a little RGSS3 to achieve he affects you want but that will help in the long run.
http://victorscripts...ion-conditions/

#4 Balthier99

Balthier99

The Leading Man

• Ace Member
  • 185 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:27 AM

@Lowell:

I don't think there's a way to acess other enemies stats for those condition on victor's script. If there is, it's too complicated for me...

Still hoping some help...

#5 Victor Sant

Victor Sant

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 778 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:22 AM

@Balthier99
Yes there is, with the custom condition you can, but as you said, it might be complicated, since it would need ruby code. And yet, there's no way to make the enemy select a specific target (i will add it as a separate script),
I'm also working on the Automatic Battlers script from my ACBS, but i still thinking on a way to make the settings more efficient and user friendly.

Edited by Victor Sant, 15 January 2012 - 07:23 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Balthier99

Balthier99

The Leading Man

• Ace Member
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:57 PM

I saw your Automatic Battlers Script. I think it suits my needs, I still only have to learn how to properly use it.

Althougth another simpler script like that is always welcome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users