• 86 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 25 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

Lune Frontal Battle System

Compatibility :good
difficulty: easy
lag caused: medium

Use conditions
Can be used and distributed, but don't change the credits, if it is a comercial project, there is a need to talk to me before.

Script Details

* Close ranged weapons make the character run toward the enemy
  • Magical Skills have cast animation.
  • Compatible with almost all Ace Battle Add-ons.
  • No images necessary.
  • No necessary extra sprites.
  • Instructions on the script.

Script.

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=d1AaxDXj

Videos

I think it is best visualized by videos istead of images.

Without any add-ons.
    Spoiler

This second video is using a patch with many add-ons from Areksu, atoa, VitorJ
    Spoiler

Download this pack here.
    http://ateliercross....-person-battle/

Download

Not necessary

Credits

Raizen

Edited by Raizen884, 05 February 2013 - 08:56 AM.

#2 DAVE_EBUBBLES

DAVE_EBUBBLES

Pimpmaster Hustledaddy of Snippy Bookshrews

• Banned
  • 215 posts
  • LocationLand of Irony and Bubbles
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 26 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

I'm impressed by the simplicity, Good job Raizen.
Posted Image

#3 Kai Joseph

Kai Joseph

• Ace Member
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:12 PM

is there a way to not have them run to the enemy if they're doing a physical attack?

#4 Raizen884

Raizen884

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 86 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 26 August 2012 - 09:35 PM

I'm impressed by the simplicity, Good job Raizen.

Thanks, the idea was to be simple to use, but still show some good actor movements xD, thanks for the comment.

is there a way to not have them run to the enemy if they're doing a physical attack?

Yes, on this line here. Just putting the IDs of the weapon classes that you do not want to have the run toward enemy animation.

# Weapons with distance
# Remembering this is the ID of the weapon classes.
Weapdist = [6, 10]

#5 Besus

Besus

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationWisconsin
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:37 PM

Love this system; simple and effective. In fact it has been tempting me to switch away from my current battle system and implement this one with a few other supporting scripts.

My only complaint is that it can get a bit crowded with certain battle backs using current troop placements...

Attached Files

Edited by Besus, 29 August 2012 - 07:46 PM.

ethereal-banner.png

Playable Demo now available!

You can also visit the official thread on the forums.

#6 SirCumferance

SirCumferance

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 214 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:00 PM

Quick question, what is the math to allow for 5 party member all being on the screen?

#7 dbchest2

dbchest2

dbchest

• Ace Member
  • 137 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 21 October 2012 - 06:52 PM

nice system. would work very well with custom battlers.

#8 Pikalyze

Pikalyze

Writing Fanatic

• Ace Member
  • 136 posts
  • LocationIn a Apple Tree.
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:19 PM

Perfect for my game!
Thanks!

Nothing really?

#9 SirCumferance

SirCumferance

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 214 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:04 AM

Bump?

#10 Raizen884

Raizen884

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 86 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 31 October 2012 - 10:55 AM

Love this system; simple and effective. In fact it has been tempting me to switch away from my current battle system and implement this one with a few other supporting scripts.

My only complaint is that it can get a bit crowded with certain battle backs using current troop placements...

I have a version that automatically reassembles the party to be centralized, but I've formatted the PC and I need to find with the person I made this implement for D:, if you needed I'll try to get it for you.

Quick question, what is the math to allow for 5 party member all being on the screen?

The same thing I said above, sorry for the long time to I answer, I have formated the PC so big problems with it, that kept me from answering the questions quickly, sorry for the long time for the answer. I'll get that version and update it here, so all the battlers will be centered.

#11 ldeezy

ldeezy

• Ace Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationDallas Texas

Posted 01 November 2012 - 01:38 PM

This is cool... I'm using the same battle style for my game (that I been working on since March :( ) except that I used different scripts ( Behind-View Battle System-By Jet and efeberk, Yanfly Engine Ace - Victory Aftermath and a couple of MOG scripts). I might need to just use your script that way I will only have one script instead of 3 or 4 etc...lol...but anyway, I love your script. :)

Attached Files

#12 Besus

Besus

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

I have a version that automatically reassembles the party to be centralized, but I've formatted the PC and I need to find with the person I made this implement for D:, if you needed I'll try to get it for you.

I was referring to the enemies themselves. I already played with the spacing of the characters a bit, but they were never the main concern. Having to move the enemies so close to the characters makes things feel very congested with certain battle backs. Does anyone know of a script to apply just the zoom effect on the battle backs much like the Tankentai system does to alleviate this issue?

ethereal-banner.png

#13 ldeezy

ldeezy

• Ace Member
  • 3 posts
  • LocationDallas Texas

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

I was referring to the enemies themselves. I already played with the spacing of the characters a bit, but they were never the main concern. Having to move the enemies so close to the characters makes things feel very congested with certain battle backs. Does anyone know of a script to apply just the zoom effect on the battle backs much like the Tankentai system does to alleviate this issue?

All I did was re-size the enemies (skeletons) using *GIMP* and it seem to work (Look at my image). But I didn't re-size the scorpion tho, just pushed it back a little.

#14 Raizen884

Raizen884

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 86 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:16 AM

@Besus: Sorry, now I get it xD, well I can make that, if you show me how tantenkai's system did it :D

Well here is the version that automatically centers the battlers

http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=vDJNNaLL

#15 Besus

Besus

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 54 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

@Raizen884: Eek, I wish I knew where to begin for that. I've paged through to look but that script is such a mess to decipher; especially when you're like me with no experience in Ruby. The best I can do is play with an already provided work and alter minor things through experimentation. No worries though, I can certainly make it work. :)

The only "request" I would have is to add a stepping animation to the characters to make it feel more, alive, for lack of better words. Or maybe because I'm old fashioned and like stepping animations. :P

ethereal-banner.png

#16 Knaiter

Knaiter

Novice Designer

• Ace Member
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIvalice
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:53 PM

Can Someone help me how to use this Script,i've got an error at Line 58

#17 Raizen884

Raizen884

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 86 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:57 AM

Can Someone help me how to use this Script,i've got an error at Line 58

I don't have idea what happened '-', an extra command end appeared on that line x_x, I have corrected for you, hope it works now and sorry for the long time to answer :).
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=d1AaxDXj

#18 Wren

Wren

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 895 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

This might work for my current project.

I'll be looking at this closely in the next few weeks, thanks for making this, Raizen884.

MHLRFS_zpsb2ef1590.png                                                   Xypher_zps2a06786a.png

Status:  Battle System----------------------------90%                                                 Has helped me bunches of times!

Status:  Plot-------------------------------------------15%                                                                                                   

Status:  Graphics------------------------------------65%                                                                                                   

Status:  Script Integration-----------------------90%                                                                                                   

#19 Wren

Wren

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 895 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:00 AM

Never mind, reading is fun.

Edited by Wren, 02 July 2013 - 07:02 AM.

MHLRFS_zpsb2ef1590.png                                                   Xypher_zps2a06786a.png

Status:  Battle System----------------------------90%                                                 Has helped me bunches of times!

Status:  Plot-------------------------------------------15%                                                                                                   

Status:  Graphics------------------------------------65%                                                                                                   

Status:  Script Integration-----------------------90%                                                                                                   

#20 HumanNinja

HumanNinja

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 640 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 18 March 2014 - 10:00 PM

I must say, the simplicity of the script is amazing! There is finally a script that show the character battlers and that gets along with all the other battle scripts that I'm using! This is really amazing and I'm so glad I decided to go through the script forum. Raizen, you're awesome

Link to Brave Force Threadsig_by_humanninja-d7ciw0j.png

Fdlq6er.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users