3 replies to this topic

#1 BloodEdge

BloodEdge

• Ace Member
  • 14 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • RM Skill - Pixel Artist

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:04 PM

Does anyone know of a script in which battles become a 2d styled fighter like Street Fighter and such?
I like the idea and would like to know how to make it happen.

at the least, a side battle system that allows for full animations during fights, such as picking an attack and playing out a random scenario fight that lasts for a few seconds before returning to the game. An example would be: theflashgames.blogspot.com/2008/06/final-fantasy-sonic-x6.html

Some tips on how to make a simular main menu would also be very much appreciated

Edited by BloodEdge, 16 September 2012 - 08:06 PM.

#2 estriole

estriole

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 17 September 2012 - 02:24 AM

I guess victor animated battle can have full action if you define them and using sprite mode. example attack command will move your actor to front of enemy, pull out some one two punch, side low kick, spinning high kick, kamehameha, leap backward, jump, do some kamen rider kick finisher. but you need brain to define the action and pose i guess. :D. it's not easy plug and play and you got the crazy action scene. and i'm not sure is that what you mean by full animation?

#3 Tsukihime

Tsukihime

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 6,372 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • RM Skill - Coder

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 17 September 2012 - 06:37 PM

I think he wants to have the kind of fights like in Tekken or soul calibur where you can input all sorts of combos and have background effects, breaking barrels in the background, stripping women's clothing, and all that good stuff that comes with an action game.

LOL even if such a battle system were written the next issue is having to produce all of those spritesheets for each and every character.
My Scripts. Go here for Bugs and Requests.
Want to write a tutorial? Submit a community tutorial!

himeworks011.png

Like on Facebook: HimeWorks
Follow me on Twitter for the latest updates! @HimeWorks

#4 estriole

estriole

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:16 AM

I think he wants to have the kind of fights like in Tekken or soul calibur where you can input all sorts of combos and have background effects, breaking barrels in the background, stripping women's clothing, and all that good stuff that comes with an action game.

LOL even if such a battle system were written the next issue is having to produce all of those spritesheets for each and every character.

agree with tsuki here. if the graphic not made it will look so dull. not to mention that kind of battle system will be very hard to write (don't know if it's possible by modding some abs currently already made combined with tomiaky/khas sidescroller script). it's easier to use other game maker engine i guess.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users