• Ace Member
  • 493 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 14 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

Special Keybinds v1.0
By V.M. of D.T.

Introduction
This neat little script allows you to bind almost any key on your keyboard to do one of three things in game. Toggle a switch, add a preset amount to a variable, or call a scene.

How to Use
Plug and play and customize as needed~
Details in the script

Script
Convenient little pastebin! Right... here. Not here.

FAQ
None atm.

Credit and Thanks
- By V.M. of D.T.
- Free to use in any non-commercial project

Author's Notes
The hardest part was writing out each constant equivalent for the keys x.x
Every key was not tested, post if a certain one doesn't work.
#---# PIGS MUST BE FLYING BECUASE THIS SIGNATURE HAS BEEN UPDATED, LOOK AT ALL THOSE SCRIPTS!! #---#

Oooh, this parts bold and underlined! Must be important. It is! Honest. Almost there... Regarding use of my scripts in your project, as of now (whenever this is) any and all of my scripts are free for use in any project, commercial or non-commercial, with credit given, etc, etc. Though I dont' scoff at a donation.

Ooh, what's under this one? Could it be a link to somewhere? Important information? Who knows! Only one way to find out... *nudge nudge*
Spoiler

Do you have a completed project that utilizes one or more of my scripts? If so, I want to know! Please send me a pm or email with details, I'd love to try it~ :3
Think any of my scripts need a demo to help understand? Let me know that too! I can whip something up.

Check out my RGSS3 Scripts (A whopping 48 of them!) :
Spoiler

#---#

#2 Nate The Great

Nate The Great

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:24 PM

Vlue, I can see the use for development and testing... very nice.
What would be some uses for a player? (I honestly can't think of any right now, but if you have some ideas, posting them may draw more attention to this little snippet!) Just thinking out loud... ;)

#3 Vlue

Vlue

I can set my own title?

• Ace Member
  • 493 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:46 PM

Increasing a variable by button press for mini games.
Switch toggling huds or similar game mechanics.
Using the switch toggle feature to activate common events. (My original goal for making this)
Keybinds for custom or original scenes. i.e. opening the menu with m, or a journal script with j

Plenty I think :3
#---# PIGS MUST BE FLYING BECUASE THIS SIGNATURE HAS BEEN UPDATED, LOOK AT ALL THOSE SCRIPTS!! #---#

Oooh, this parts bold and underlined! Must be important. It is! Honest. Almost there... Regarding use of my scripts in your project, as of now (whenever this is) any and all of my scripts are free for use in any project, commercial or non-commercial, with credit given, etc, etc. Though I dont' scoff at a donation.

Ooh, what's under this one? Could it be a link to somewhere? Important information? Who knows! Only one way to find out... *nudge nudge*
Spoiler

Do you have a completed project that utilizes one or more of my scripts? If so, I want to know! Please send me a pm or email with details, I'd love to try it~ :3
Think any of my scripts need a demo to help understand? Let me know that too! I can whip something up.

Spoiler

#---#

#4 Must

Must

• Ace Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 02:59 PM

Really nice addition

It may be helpful for some minigames

#5 Nate The Great

Nate The Great

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 89 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

Hmm, I see everything your saying in my head... and its spawning new ideas. I see the value to the player as well as the developer now! Very nice! I'll start testing keys in the next day or two... i'll let you know if anything goes wonky.

#6 Geekman

Geekman

Star Wars fans should have a name. I am a Star Warrior.

• Ace Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:21 AM

What are the terms for commercial?

I decided to put something into my signature.

You should play this game:

http://www.rpgrevolu...showtopic=58947

#7 Vlue

Vlue

I can set my own title?

• Ace Member
  • 493 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 March 2013 - 10:55 AM

What are the terms for commercial?

Credit given. Don't use it to enslave the world. That's all.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#---#

#8 Geekman

Geekman

Star Wars fans should have a name. I am a Star Warrior.

• Ace Member
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 04:05 PM

Lol. Thanks.

I decided to put something into my signature.

You should play this game:

http://www.rpgrevolu...showtopic=58947

#9 AeghtyAteKees

AeghtyAteKees

Nyctopheliac

• Ace Member
  • 98 posts
  • LocationThe Cave of Ordeals
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 06 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

Thank you so much. :)

#10 efeberk

efeberk

Alone Maker

• Ace Member
  • 175 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 08 May 2013 - 11:01 AM

Nice script but in variable section, you can add other operations and player can set like that :

Symbol => [:var, 5, 3, :add]

#11 AeghtyAteKees

AeghtyAteKees

Nyctopheliac

• Ace Member
  • 98 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

I have a question for you! I have a keybind set to activate a common event, and I can press the key during any scene (including message windows) and the event will run once the scene is closed. Also, if a key is pressed before the script call sets the keybind, the common event will be called as soon as the keybind is set. How can I fix these things?

Edited by AeghtyAteKees, 29 May 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#12 Vlue

Vlue

I can set my own title?

• Ace Member
  • 493 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:12 AM

Whoo, that was a stumper. Pastebin has been updated, keybinds should only work on maps now. (It should've in the first place, man.. bleh)
As for the keybind being called immediately after being set, just declare it in the script before hand like...
:N5 = [:script, ""]
Nothing will happen when that button is pressed and when you set it, it won't immediately run.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#---#

#13 AeghtyAteKees

AeghtyAteKees

Nyctopheliac

• Ace Member
  • 98 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

Oh yeah! :) Thanks for the help.

#14 UtauGaming

UtauGaming

Super High School Level MultiTalent

• Ace Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

i'm trying to have it to where when you press the L button the player pulls out a lamp without having to go into the items menu, how would i do that?

#15 Vlue

Vlue

I can set my own title?

• Ace Member
  • 493 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

Make an autorun common event, and then set the L button to turn on the switch for that common event, and have that same common event turn the switch off when it's done so it doesn't repeat itself.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#---#

#16 Wren

Wren

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 983 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

This one is really cool!

How did I miss this script, I slink around the completed script forum probably 85% of the time I'm on here now, hah!

Thanks for this one Vlue!

Game Status

Spoiler

Super Awesome People Shoutout

Spoiler

Ace Academy: Practice Through Roleplay

Ace-Academy.gif

Come Join!

#17 Cairyn

Cairyn

• Ace Member
  • 4 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 21 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

I'm probably asking stupid questions, but this is my very first experiment involving scripting.

Does this script override standard keybinds from the game?

I find the game's controls confusing for new people, and they aren't automatically set a certain way when you export a game. It makes it hard to put instruction into the game of what each button does, when it resets for every person that downloads it. I hope that's understandable? I'm not great with words.

I understand how to use the script to bind keys; I bound a key to activate a switch, and it's all working as intended. But I've been looking through the standard scripts of the game, and I can't find the standard controls. I suppose I just don't recognise it.

Could you help me out? I'm sorry if I'm not very clear, I don't know how to phrase it.

#18 Vlue

Vlue

I can set my own title?

• Ace Member
  • 493 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:27 PM

It doesn't override the standard keybinds. They are handled through the Input module. This is just in addition.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#---#

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vmodt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users