• 402 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:31 AM

Yanfly's Ace Battle Engine Add-On ATB/CTB/Stamina Based Battle System

Version 1.1

by Fomar0153

Introduction

This script is a version of my Customisable ATB/CTB/Stamina Based Battle System that is compatible with YF's Ace Battle Engine.

Requires: http://yanflychannel...-battle-engine/

Features

+ Customisable

+ Can be set up to be a ATB, CTB or Stamina based battle system.

Screenshot

Posted Image

How to Use

First copy the script into your scripts section then consult further instruction located at the top of the script. Must be placed below Ace Battle Engine.

Script

The most update version of this script can always be found on my blog.

Direct Link.

F.A.Q.

No questions asked.

Credits and Thanks

Fomar0153

Yanfly

Author's Notes

I am maintaining this and the stand alone version separately.

Edited by Fomar0153, 23 January 2012 - 06:02 PM.

#2 Tobyej

Tobyej

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:06 AM

Thanks for this!...but I am having an error with just this, the Ace Core Engine and Battle Engine installed:

Script 'ATB Battle System 1.00' line 436: NameError occurred
undefined local variable or method 'centre' for
Window_Battlestatus:class
Project: Gilt Funk

Just to be clear: All my requests are for commercial projects and compatibility with Yanfly's engines is required. Thanks a lot to everyone who's helped so far :)

#3 Fomar0153

Fomar0153

Veteran Troll

• Ace Member
  • 402 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:11 AM

I couldn't reproduce the error I have the following in order:
Ace Core Engine: http://yanflychannel...ce-core-engine/
Ace Battle Engine: http://yanflychannel...-battle-engine/
and then my script and it works fine as far as I can tell.

What were you doing when you got the error?

#4 Tobyej

Tobyej

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

Dang, I don't know what to tell you then. I just re-downloaded all 3 scripts, put them in the right order and still get the same issue on 3 different projects (including one completely clean, no alteration what-so-ever bar these 3 scripts. It just crashes with that message on start-up (before title screen or anything).

I am using the full version if that may be an issue?

Just to be clear: All my requests are for commercial projects and compatibility with Yanfly's engines is required. Thanks a lot to everyone who's helped so far :)

#5 Fomar0153

Fomar0153

Veteran Troll

• Ace Member
  • 402 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:42 AM

I apologise I've just worked out the cause. The forum software placed the close center bb tag in the middle of my code, re-copy my script and it should work.

Edited by Fomar0153, 09 January 2012 - 08:44 AM.

#6 Tobyej

Tobyej

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:53 AM

Don't apologise, you're doing some great work :) However! :P I can get into the game now, but when a battle starts I get this error:

Script 'ATB Battle System 1.00' line 321: NoMethodError occurred
undefined method '+' for nil:NilClass

Ah, but I probably should have asked earlier: are your scripts available for commercial releases?

#7 Fomar0153

Fomar0153

Veteran Troll

• Ace Member
  • 402 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:03 AM

Odd not sure how that happened, I've updated the script with a safeguard, not sure how that method ran before setup.

As for commercial use, all I require is credit for my scripts use. A free copy would be nice as well but not necessary.

#8 Tobyej

Tobyej

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:37 AM

Sorry, I found another one this time:

When you encounter a random battle, this error occurs:
Script 'Game_Troop' line 57: TypeError occurred
no implicit trigger from nil to integra

This only occurs if you engage in a random battle BEFORE engaging in an event battle oddly enough (I had one character, when you speak to them a battle triggers and it works fine, then all random battles after that work fine too). It also works fine from the battle test in the data base.

And thanks :) A free copy will be going to everyone who helps, don't worry about that ^^

EDIT: That's odd, it works fine in my actual project...no problems what-so-ever it seems. Only the test (clean) project had that error.

Edited by Tobyej, 09 January 2012 - 09:46 AM.

#9 Fomar0153

Fomar0153

Veteran Troll

• Ace Member
  • 402 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 09 January 2012 - 09:49 AM

Can I get a copy of a project where this error occurs. I've tried and tried but I can't reproduce the error?

#10 Tobyej

Tobyej

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

Here you go: http://www.mediafire...cghq708c2e08doq

Also in my primary game I have an issue where the ATB gauge does't reset, so when a character gets their turn they have infinite turns and no-one else's gauges fill. I'll try to isolate the problem, there are almost 100 scripts there now so who knows what's breaking it...

#11 YF

YF

(。´◕ ‿‿ ◕`。)

• Ace Member
  • 187 posts
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:17 AM

Good work, Fomar! Mind if I like this add-on on the Ace Battle Engine page?

#12 Fomar0153

Fomar0153

Veteran Troll

• Ace Member
  • 402 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

Here you go: http://www.mediafire...cghq708c2e08doq

Also in my primary game I have an issue where the ATB gauge does't reset, so when a character gets their turn they have infinite turns and no-one else's gauges fill. I'll try to isolate the problem, there are almost 100 scripts there now so who knows what's breaking it...

It's just let me finally download it but you only uploaded the 1 file.
You either need to upload the whole project or the scripts file.

But if you have genuinely got 100 scripts then I am not going to promise anything, I'll look when I have time.

Good work, Fomar! Mind if I like this add-on on the Ace Battle Engine page?

If it works fine for you then I would be honoured.

#13 Tobyej

Tobyej

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:40 AM

Oops, sorry. Here you go: http://www.mediafire...doa5a5mrnysqh5z

Haha, yeah don't worry, you just do what you're doing and I'll try to work around the problems on my end :) I'll still tell you any YF/other popular script issues I come across though.

EDIT: Found it doesn't work well with the 'confirm action' window in the battle command list. The confirm window will still appear, but the action will take place before you confirm leaving the confirmation window lingering with no purpose. Even though I think the confirmation window probably shouldn't be there for ATB (unless maybe you have several characters all waiting and on full gauges), just letting you know.

EDIT 2: The 'Game_Troop' error will not occur if you enter an evented battle, then reset with F12, then get into a random battle. Only ever occurs if the first battle after opening the test screen is random.

EDIT 3: Found it! Kread-EX's skill fusion script is what causes it to give a player infinite turns. I don't know if you can fix it, just letting you know.

HOPEFULLY THE FINAL EDIT: Now this has me baffled: the 'Game-Troop' error only seems to occur when I have the project open. When I close the editor then load it just as a game from the folder the error does not occur. I don't know! Haha, I'm just telling you what I've found and think I will stop looking for issues unless you want me to keep at it.

Edited by Tobyej, 09 January 2012 - 12:22 PM.

#14 Fomar0153

Fomar0153

Veteran Troll

• Ace Member
  • 402 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

EDIT 3: Found it! Kread-EX's skill fusion script is what causes it to give a player infinite turns. I don't know if you can fix it, just letting you know.

HOPEFULLY THE FINAL EDIT: Now this has me baffled: the 'Game-Troop' error only seems to occur when I have the project open. When I close the editor then load it just as a game from the folder the error does not occur. I don't know! Haha, I'm just telling you what I've found and think I will stop looking for issues unless you want me to keep at it.

Link me to Kread-EX's skill fusion script and I'll see what I can do.

I could get the error when I ran your project but I couldn't reproduce it any other way. Unless anyone else has this problem I don't want to spend any more time on it.

#15 Tobyej

Tobyej

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:03 PM

Here you go: http://grimoirecastl...0/skill-fusion/

Thanks!

#16 Fomar0153

Fomar0153

Veteran Troll

• Ace Member
  • 402 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

Try putting the Fusion Script between Ace Battle Engine and this add-on. I think that should do it.

#17 Ascen

Ascen

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

I encountered the game-troop error once too, yet I have been unable to reproduce it ...

I have also noticed guard lasts only a split second, and also paralyze (and perhaps other similar states) seem to last forever.

edit: fixed second issue, forgot to set to 2~2

Edited by Ascen, 09 January 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#18 Fomar0153

Fomar0153

Veteran Troll

• Ace Member
  • 402 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • RM Skill - Coder

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:26 PM

I encountered the game-troop error once too, yet I have been unable to reproduce it ...

I have also noticed guard lasts only a split second, and also paralyze (and perhaps other similar states) seem to last forever.

Hmm odd. Do you have the trial or full version? Any other information you can give?

You may wish to update your state lengths, guard and counter states should be set to 2~2 turns or as appropriate and you may wish reduce paralyze etc because.... thank you for finding an error, actors never get turn_end called on them if they're unable to act and therefore state counters don't decrease, I'll fix it tomorrow probably.

#19 Tobyej

Tobyej

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 181 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:34 PM

Try putting the Fusion Script between Ace Battle Engine and this add-on. I think that should do it.

Yep! That did work. There is one more small issue that came up, but I'm not going to bother you with that (or to be honest it's 7:30am, I haven't slept and I can't go through another isolation process again right now :P).

Thanks heaps for the awesome script!

#20 pinka

pinka

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 123 posts
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

Would it be possible to add an option which shows and disables/enables atb bars under the monsters?

Edited by pinka, 09 January 2012 - 02:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users