• Staff Manager/Global Mod
  • 1,803 posts
  • LocationSommini Village
  • RM Skill - Musician

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:04 PM

gallery_99425_543_54479.png

Abstract: No more hiding in Forests, No more skulking in abandoned warehouses. He back and this time...He's got friends!
Genre: Horror
Engine:icon210.gif

We're on IndieDB: 

20914.png

Latest Version 4.0

60444.png

Story

Welcome to Slenderman's Army. A short horror created in less than a week for RMN's All Hallows Competition. 

You are a Paranormal Investigator hired to solve the Mystery of Slanciata Manor. You arrive at the Manor to discover more than you bargained for. Your investigation gets halted as you battle for your life against the "Slender Man" an entity known to stick to shadows. Kidnapping lost travelers who dare to attempt to discover the truth about who and what he is.
However, he was slowly becoming overpowered by humans who successfully managed to escape his clutches with the full 8 Pages which detailed all his tricks, and how to defeat him. He realised he needed to build himself an army. He scoured the world finding the most terrifying and dangerous monsters and entities to assist him in his battle against the human race. 

He began working with these entities to build a world in which people feared Slender Man once again...

Characters: 
You:
You play as a Paranormal Investigator, attempting to discover the secrets of Slanciata Manor. 

Screenshots: 

(Be aware, that these images are very dark, you have to play it to fully experience the game...)

gallery_99425_543_148456.png

The beginning of a long and interesting night...

gallery_99425_543_64879.png
He's always watching you!

gallery_99425_543_61097.png
Any Grudge Fans?

Features:

A New SlenderMan Experience: This game is unlike any other Slenderman Game experienced, due to the fact that it is 2D. 
A Unique Game Every Time. Each time you play it will be a new experience, things will appear when you least expect them. SFX will shock and surprise you at different times. Enemies will spawn in a number of different random places.
Scares...Shocks...and Surprises You will be confused, scared and unsure on the next step when you are trying to escape Slenderman Army
Custom Soundtrack There is only 1 use of the RTP. The rest is fully customized, everything has been thought of. down to even the Cursor sounds. 
Darkness....There is a HELL of alot of darkness!
A Secret Ending: Can you achieve the Secret Ending....If you can find the secret ending. PM Jonnie19 or Shaddowval a screenshot of the Game End screen and we'll send you an image link to a SECRET banner smile.gif

Controls: 
Walk: Arrow Keys
Sprint: Hold Shift
Activate Flashlight:Hold F5

Support Banner:

gallery_99425_543_2159.png
Credits: 

Story: 
Jonnie19 and Shaddowval
Eventing: 
Jonnie 19, Shaddowval and Phillip

Scripting: 
BulletXT
PK8

Galv

Yanfly
reijubv
XIV
Modern Algebra
Munkis

Graphics:
Celianna
Shaddowval
Enterbrain
Kayden

Music:
Soundtrack by JStewartMusic
Various SFX by 
Jonnie19
Shaddowval
www.freesfx.co.uk

Beta Testers
Kayden
Clord

"Shouldn't have said that. No more questions, don't ask anymore questions! "

letter_log_harry_potter_envelope.png

KzMpeaD.png

Commissions | Free Music |

My Projects/Projects I Support:

Spoiler

Dropbox to small for you? Perhaps Copy might be more your cup of tea. 15GB when you sign (and an extra 5 for clicking my link too ^_^)

#2 amerk

amerk

Advanced Member

• Forum Admins
  • 3,024 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

I'm not a big Slenderman fan, but this looks pretty interesting. I must add it to the list of the 100's of other games I must play when I have the chance.

After all to the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.

#3 Jonnie91

Jonnie91

Advanced Member

• 1,803 posts
  • RM Skill - Musician

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2013 - 05:03 PM

So I've finally fixed a few errors with the thread, and also updated the downloads. So, as this site hasn't actually received much information with regards to this game. I thought I'd share a few little tid-bits of information regarding the development of Slenderman's Army: 

The Enemy Spawn System: 

I think I speak for both me and Shaddow when I say we're pretty damn chuffed with the Spawn System. 

The enemies in the game, are completely randomized. Each time you play the enemies will spawn in different places, and occasionally not at all. One minute you think you are safe. Then all of a sudden...The git appears and catches you out. During the Beta Release me and Shaddow rather enjoyed seeing our Beta's suffer slightly at the hands of Slender and the other enemies. Sorry kayden997

The Pages:

One thing we wanted to ensure we were able to achieve was the ability to randomize the pages, we wanted to ensure that the re-playablitiy was as high as possible. In the original Slender Game, the Pages were randomized each time you play through the game, you had some idea where they could be, but you still had to search around abit, all at the same time whilst avoiding Slenderman. 

So we decided to create "spawn points" for the Pages and then it could appear in a number of different places. 

Developmental Problems: 

Now the obvious problem for us, is that we were limited by using a 2D engine, we could have actually used Unity to developed it, but that would have taken a lot longer than 2 days and I don't have the patience or scripting knowledge to create it as effective as possible, and also because they ALL are developed using Unity, so another "Slenderman Clone" would have received even more hate than it already did :P

Bug Fixes were rather difficult for us...especially with the amount of randomization we used, as sometimes bugs were only found when certain conditions were met. 

Conclusion:

Overal, Slenderman's Army was a learning curve for me especially, it opened up ALOT of different ideas that sadly we could implement in Slenderman's Army that we wanted to, but due to the time limit we couldn't. For both of us it was a great achievement as it was our first publicly released game! I dunno about Shaddow but personally I am damn pleased with this little game of ours lol. 

We're actually looking for people to complete an LP and Review  of Slenderman's Army, and are looking to see if anyone else can actually complete it. As currently I am the only one who can complete the game. All 8 pages and the secret ending unlocked. It IS possible for to complete! I've done it a few times also, to check it wasn't a sheer fluke. 

If you do manage to complete the game screenshot the end screen. and then PM either Jonnie91 or Shaddow and we'll send you the link to a reward banner, where you can COMPLETELY brag about successfully escaping Slenderman's Army!

KzMpeaD.png

Spoiler

Dropbox to small for you? Perhaps Copy might be more your cup of tea. 15GB when you sign (and an extra 5 for clicking my link too ^_^)

#4 Jonnie91

Jonnie91

Advanced Member

• 1,803 posts
  • RM Skill - Musician

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:51 PM

I've done another bug fix and update for the game. After watching people LP the game I actually went back into Slenderman's Army and re-worked a couple of things: 

Version 2.3:
50242.png

What's changed?

Removed Tints from rooms that still have a tint. 
Improved Eventing including Flashlight Eventing
Changed Controls for Flashlight: It's now F instead of F5 much better :P
Edited one of the Enemies so you know what's happened XD

Also I'm here to show off DP3's LP of Slenderman's Army: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyndwh8L8mk

There are more...but if you wanna watch the rest of them then you'll have to read my Blog :)

Anywho, feel free to LP it. I would love to see more LP's of Slenderman's Army. it's still abit quiet with the feedback :) So LP then come over here and give me some feedback. IT means I can continue to develop this game and make it better :) 

KzMpeaD.png

Spoiler

#5 dte9021989

dte9021989

• Ace Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:56 AM

Grabbing a download right now. I'll be more than happy to let you know how it goes  :)

Edit - Alright, pretty damn good. I wasn't able to get very far into the mansion, because I died, a lot, but what I saw it was amazingly well done. The darkness, the enemy spawns, beautifully brought together. I never knew a 2-d game like that could make me jump that hard.

Edited by dte9021989, 22 January 2013 - 07:29 AM.

#6 Jonnie91

Jonnie91

Advanced Member

• 1,803 posts
  • RM Skill - Musician

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 24 January 2013 - 06:13 AM

Slenderman's Army 2.5: 

50393.png

Here we go again....another update :) 

Improved Features: 

• Slenderman: We have added a very small break in between him appearing and him starting to chase you to give players slightly more of a chance to escape from him.  You should be able to find that he doesn't manage to kill you as quick as he has been able to so far.
  • Storyline: We've fixed a small plothole regarding the main character and his lack of Lighting at the beginning of the game.(Since 2.3)
  • Intro Scene: We've added some more interesting Lighting Effects for the introduction, which hopefully will improve the scare. (Since 2.3)

Bug Fixes:

• Door Scare: FINALLY, we have fixed the door scare for one of the later levels, you should now find that the game doesn't bug out and freeze. Sorry about that! 
  • Intro: We've fixed the bug in which you can actually cheat the game right at the beginning (not get caught). Now if you are trying to open the door still the "scare" will not activate until after you have closed the Window. 

Thanks again for all of your comments and new LP's of Slenderman's Army. We are really rooting to get this project pushed as far forward as possible.

I am also pleased to announce  "Slenderman's Army: Mirrors of Slanciata" This will be an extension to the original game. We'll be adding in new enemies, a few new shocks and surprises 

Here is a few new Screenshot that shows off the new Extension pack: 

gallery_99425_543_46475.png 
Is there no escape from the Faceless Man?

gallery_99425_543_60173.png
Bad luck/ That's the last thing he needs right now!

Grabbing a download right now. I'll be more than happy to let you know how it goes  :)

Edit - Alright, pretty damn good. I wasn't able to get very far into the mansion, because I died, a lot, but what I saw it was amazingly well done. The darkness, the enemy spawns, beautifully brought together. I never knew a 2-d game like that could make me jump that hard.

I'm so glad that it made you jump as much as we hoped. :) There are actually even MORE scares that have not even been shown so far! It is all very random! Thanks for your feedback, also keep your eye on SMC Games Facebook Page to ensure you get the latest updates! 

KzMpeaD.png

Spoiler

#7 SchnitzelLion

SchnitzelLion

• Ace Member
  • 12 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:21 PM

You did an awesome job :P

I made an LP of it,but not uploaded it yet. :)

There's a little bug that allows the Slendermen to appear inside you,leading to an instant Game Over O__o

I hope you could fix it :)

#8 Jonnie91

Jonnie91

Advanced Member

• 1,803 posts
  • RM Skill - Musician

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:54 PM

That is actually intentional :) although originally a bug. It has been left in due to the fact it makes it slightly harder to win. There is a way of avoiding him spawning directly on top of you, and it has something to do with what I mention at the beginning of the game. Don't Sprint. 

I've discovered that if you walk slowly you are A LOT less likely to have Slenderman spawning on top of you. Also in the most recent update I've actually made it harder for Slenderman to catch you. So hopefully you shouldn't have that problem as much as previously :) 

Feel free to send me a link to your LP when your done, or post it here. Thanks for playing Slenderman's Army.

KzMpeaD.png

Spoiler

#9 Jonnie91

Jonnie91

Advanced Member

• 1,803 posts
  • RM Skill - Musician

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Slenderman's Army 3.0

51437.png

Bugs Fixed:

• Fixed Transfer error
  • Fixed strange map setup

New features:

• Added "Slenderman's Library"
  • Collapsing Ground
  • New Enemy

The latest updates include Slenderman's Library. This is a small taste into what's to come in the extension "Mirrors of Slanciata".
You saw a few of the maps in the previous update but here's is a couple more from Slenderman's Library.

Slendermans-Library1.png

Trapped.png

Mirrors of Slanciata Update

Progress is continuing with the extension of the game. The next release that you guys will see, will include the extension pack completed. We're around 50% complete. In the extension we will be including a few new features:

• Environmental Damage: It's not only Slender and his army you need to look out for. Broken floors, gaps, traps and more to cause you as much hell as much as possible
  • Outside Levels: If you thought inside was creepy, outside is even worse investigate
  • Storyline: You guys told us that the storyline for Slenderman's Army was rather terrible. So for the new update. We're adding in an improved story explaining more about what's going on at Slanciata Manor.
  • Inventory: You will have access to a new inventory system, Use items to find the Mirror Shards and escape.
  • New Antagonist: Slender takes a back seat, as you continue to discover WHY Slender chose Slanciata Manor as the base for his Army.

You can also keep up to date with the project over on our website

KzMpeaD.png

Spoiler

#10 The Nine

The Nine

The Idea Man

• + Premium Members
  • 2,619 posts
  • LocationTonawanda, New York
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:16 AM

I can barely see what's going on in most of these screenshots Jonnie, maybe you should provide a bit more light, lol

Hello, I'm Obrusnine, or Niko, or Obs... doesn't matter. I'm a writer who loves games as an interactive story-telling medium! ...and as a way to have fun.

Check out my game!

Userbar_zps004c446d.png

Quotes:

Spoiler

#11 Jonnie91

Jonnie91

Advanced Member

• 1,803 posts
  • RM Skill - Musician

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

Nah...that would make it TOO easy for you. Play it, you'll see the maps then ;)

KzMpeaD.png

Spoiler

#12 The Nine

The Nine

The Idea Man

• + Premium Members
  • 2,619 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 28 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

I'm okay with the game being that dark, but maybe just to get a better read on the mapping and such you could give us brighter and cleaner screens? Hm?

Besides, all of my favorite horror games (like Amnesia) don't rely completely on darkness, but rather on a delicate balance of light and darkness, :)

Hello, I'm Obrusnine, or Niko, or Obs... doesn't matter. I'm a writer who loves games as an interactive story-telling medium! ...and as a way to have fun.

Check out my game!

Userbar_zps004c446d.png

Quotes:

Spoiler

#13 Jonnie91

Jonnie91

Advanced Member

• 1,803 posts
  • RM Skill - Musician

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 28 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Okay I'll post some screenshots from the editor: 

There are some possible spoilers if you are an experienced eventer

Spoiler

There we go....I can ALREADY see errors myself -_- I HATE auto-tiling carpets. 

KzMpeaD.png

Spoiler

#14 Killmodengaged

Killmodengaged

N/a

• Ace Member
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMalaysia, As if anyone knows where that is.
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

Is there a mirror for the v3.0 download? Indiedb keep saying the download link isn't available or something.

Edit: nvm found it.

Edited by Killmodengaged, 01 March 2013 - 03:14 AM.

Alesana.

#15 The Nine

The Nine

The Idea Man

• + Premium Members
  • 2,619 posts
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 01 March 2013 - 02:35 AM

There we go....I can ALREADY see errors myself -_- I HATE auto-tiling carpets. 

Don't worry Jonnie, I still like you. Although, yea, the mapping is mostly good but it can use a bit of work. Like those messed up porch tiles.

Check out my game!

Userbar_zps004c446d.png

Quotes:

Spoiler

#16 Jonnie91

Jonnie91

Advanced Member

• 1,803 posts
  • RM Skill - Musician

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

I was gonna say. It should download now! My website is currently down, which could be the only cause of it not working XD

KzMpeaD.png

Spoiler

#17 sanggameboy

sanggameboy

Lee Sang

• Ace Member
  • 16 posts
  • LocationVietnam
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

I'm not Slender fan but this game looks amazing :D

Can't wait for it to scare me out XD

PS: I can't download it :( 

Can you upload it to mediafire or Mega? :(

Edited by sanggameboy, 02 March 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#18 Shaddow

Shaddow

Nothin' suits me like a suit!

• Ace Member
  • 587 posts
  • LocationMissouri, USA
  • RM Skill - Pixel Artist

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:13 AM

The porch tiles aren't messed up in game, the parallax fixes it XD I worked for like an hour on that map....stupid parallax taking so much time.

SMCGamesAfficiationRequest_zps79d24f68.pRbyzQvG.gifWrightLogo_zps32bf9cf0.png

#19 Jonnie91

Jonnie91

Advanced Member

• 1,803 posts
  • RM Skill - Musician

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

I'm not Slender fan but this game looks amazing :D
Can't wait for it to scare me out XD

PS: I can't download it :( 
Can you upload it to mediafire or Mega? :(

You can get it from my website as well if that download link is down :) 

KzMpeaD.png

Spoiler

#20 Killmodengaged

Killmodengaged

N/a

• Ace Member
  • 25 posts
  • LocationMalaysia, As if anyone knows where that is.
  • RM Skill - Writer

Posted 03 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

The maps are so dark, i can't really see where im going (and got stuck halfway) haha but the game is enjoyable and i play it with my lights on. :D

Alesana.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rmvx, survival horror, slenderman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users