#21 Animebryan

Animebryan

Hard Drive died Officially Retired

• Ace Member
  • 370 posts
  • LocationMarysville, CA
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:11 PM

What you mention isn't a bug. You can jump to any tile that is passable. You can walk on ceiling tiles by default.
Also if it let you walk around freely on open space, then you have passable tiles there, too.

But I have both of them set to impassable (X).

My hard drive died out on me & I lost everything, except for the hoard of scripts & the VX Ace installer on my flash drive. So as of now I'm retiring from RPG Maker until I can get a new computer or replace my laptop's hard drive (which is sometime around never). I would like to thank everyone here for all the help you guys have given me & apologize for all my past rude or offensive posts. I didn't mean to seem like a entitled, unappreciative & ungrateful bastard. I just have a lot of bad days & it gets reflected in my mood, so I'm sorry. I do appreciate all the help I was given & enjoyed being a part of this community. I hope I can get my computer situation solved soon (though I doubt it) so I can rejoin this community & hopefully realize my dream of designing video games for a living (even if I don't get paid for it). So thank you all & good bye. :(

#22 Galv

Galv

Forum Defender

• Staff Manager/Global Mod
  • 5,141 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:21 PM

Open up a new project and test out how roof tiles work.
If a roof tile has impassable set to X - then you cannot walk from a non-roof tile to the roof tile. If you are on the roof tile you can walk around on it but cannot walk off the roof tile. (Except on the bottom edge, assuming this is for people to make ladders up to the roof)
If a roof tile has impassable set to O - then you can walk on/off it freely.

Edited by Galv, 06 August 2013 - 07:24 PM.

Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape,
and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business.

letter_log_harry_potter_envelope.png

Spoiler

#23 Animebryan

Animebryan

Hard Drive died Officially Retired

• Ace Member
  • 370 posts
  • LocationMarysville, CA

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:35 PM

Open up a new project and test out how roof tiles work.
If a roof tile has impassable set to X - then you cannot walk from a non-roof tile to the roof tile. If you are on the roof tile you can walk around on it but cannot walk off the roof tile. (Except on the bottom edge, assuming this is for people to make ladders up to the roof)
If a roof tile has impassable set to O - then you can walk on/off it freely.

In my current project, it lets you jump on to ceiling tiles & you can walk around on them freely but you can't walk onto the floor anymore. Is there anyway to make rooftile completely impassable?

Edited by Animebryan, 07 August 2013 - 02:54 PM.

My hard drive died out on me & I lost everything, except for the hoard of scripts & the VX Ace installer on my flash drive. So as of now I'm retiring from RPG Maker until I can get a new computer or replace my laptop's hard drive (which is sometime around never). I would like to thank everyone here for all the help you guys have given me & apologize for all my past rude or offensive posts. I didn't mean to seem like a entitled, unappreciative & ungrateful bastard. I just have a lot of bad days & it gets reflected in my mood, so I'm sorry. I do appreciate all the help I was given & enjoyed being a part of this community. I hope I can get my computer situation solved soon (though I doubt it) so I can rejoin this community & hopefully realize my dream of designing video games for a living (even if I don't get paid for it). So thank you all & good bye. :(

#24 Galv

Galv

Forum Defender

• Staff Manager/Global Mod
  • 5,141 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

I recommend start a script request for that to see if someone wants to look into it

Mr. Moony presents his compliments to Professor Snape,
and begs him to keep his abnormally large nose out of other people's business.

letter_log_harry_potter_envelope.png

Spoiler

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users