Screen size

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dudley_Serious

Dudley_Serious

• Ace Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:31 PM

I'm reasonably sure I'm going to feel stupid here, but here goes anyway.  I'm trying to get rid of black bars that appear in full screen mode.  The game itself runs at the same size as if I hadn't run full screen mode, it's just that now it has black bars around it.  I've tried vlue's resizer, and that doesn't seem to help.  So two questions.  Is it something I fix using monitor settings?  And: should I feel very stupid right now?

#2 BustedEd

BustedEd

Advanced Member

• Ace Member
  • 49 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 22 December 2012 - 09:37 PM

Well I don't think you should feel stupid for asking that, it's a normal question lol.

I haven't tried that script, I don't know what it does for sure.

In full screen the game is resized yes, but not to the whole screen (just 200% of the window size I think) maybe a script that would ajust the size to the screen's resolution would fix that.

On the other had you can try a script that enables you to enhace the resolution of the game, which will most likely fill up the whole screen, but that requires custom scripts to be ajusted to that window size though.

I don't know much about this but I think that what you're looking for is somethin that would keep the current resolution but just fill up the whole screen?

#3 Arin

Arin

Heterochromia Goddess

• Ace Member
  • 967 posts
  • LocationIn my room.....?

Posted 22 December 2012 - 10:17 PM

Yanfly has a fix that allows you to increase the resolution of your game in order to get rid of the black borders.

http://yanflychannel...ce-core-engine/

Want to have your game LP'd? Check here:

Spoiler

RPG Personality:

Spoiler

8257bf5376.png

#4 Dudley_Serious

Dudley_Serious

• Ace Member
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

Yanfly has a fix that allows you to increase the resolution of your game in order to get rid of the black borders.

Yeah, I'm actually running that script now, but I haven't changed anything with the script.  Is there something more I need to change for screen resolution?  I combed over the script, but couldn't find anything specific to screen size.

I don't know much about this but I think that what you're looking for is somethin that would keep the current resolution but just fill up the whole screen?

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm looking for!  You put it much more succinctly than I.  Also, my screen isn't resizing at all when I change it to full screen, which makes me think it's a problem outside the game, maybe?  Like something I should change in my laptop's display settings (and, sheepishly, should I have said I was working on a mediocre to subpar laptop to begin with?)?

#5 Arin

Arin

Heterochromia Goddess

• Ace Member
  • 967 posts
  • LocationIn my room.....?

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:49 PM

Yeah, I'm actually running that script now, but I haven't changed anything with the script.  Is there something more I need to change for screen resolution?  I combed over the script, but couldn't find anything specific to screen size.

Go to line 163-164 in the script, and you'll see

RESIZE_WIDTH = 544
RESIZE_HEIGHT = 416

Change the values to 640 and 480, respectively, and the black borders will disappear.

Unfortunately, you may also run into problems with the GameOver splash screen and the Battle Entrance screen (the part where it fades into battle), so you'll have to resize those as well, as well as Battlebacks.

Want to have your game LP'd? Check here:

Spoiler

RPG Personality:

Spoiler

8257bf5376.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users