3 replies to this topic

#1 zuvizu

zuvizu

Adventure!

• Ace Member
  • 67 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:13 AM

I need to make my game to  level up reversed. 

kinda like rank 9 to rank 8 to rank 7 etc.

Is there a ay to do this with out having to get down and dirty in scripting?

21.jpg

banner12.png

whatcolor_iswhite.jpgTake the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

#2 EraYachi

EraYachi

Lord of the Dance Cowboy

• + Premium Members
  • 322 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • RM Skill - Jack of All Trades

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:27 AM

Short answer: I don't know if a script can help you, but I sure as heck know it wouldn't be easy using normal eventing.

Long answer: By default, you can't change the way RPGVXA gives out experience other than changing the curve, aka how much you need to get to each level. As for leveling in reverse, you can't do that without someone scripting it for you.

I mean, you can create a conditional branch inside an event, that checks if your characters meet a certain level requirement and award an increase in rank (or decrease, from 5 to 4 etc) as a result, applying special stat bonuses or gear, or whatever...but that can get very complicated, quite fast. I mean, if you want the rank changes to happen automatically once your characters have achieved a certain level of exp (or actual level), then you'd have to call a common event that runs this conditional branch. On every single map. In parallel process.

I'd do it this way personally, but if you're new at RPG Maker, you're going to need a lot more practice before you can pull off a rank system.

tNQD9Pl.jpg
ENjC6ue.gifCurrent RPGVXA game: Inwards Click to learn more. /////  Need some parallax mapping resources? Check my resources thread here!

#3 zuvizu

zuvizu

Adventure!

• Ace Member
  • 67 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

I made one already and it is working just with a few minor bugs involving leveling... 

Is it possible to make the maximum level smaller than the initial or is there something that will allow me to do that? 

21.jpg

banner12.png

#4 zuvizu

zuvizu

Adventure!

• Ace Member
  • 67 posts
  • RM Skill - Designer

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

Better yet is there something I can use to cap the level of a player each time they "Rank up"?

I am pretty sure this might work

21.jpg

banner12.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users